VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
So decided to start a slow progress thread for mk4 r32.

Always loved these cars and had been saving up a lot and done a lot of searching for the right one. After viewing a couple disastrous examples I saw this one pop up in the for sale section, so went and viewed and came home with it that day

Only had the car a few days now and I love it, sound is so addictive, yet to even turn the radio on! Quick spec:

-Half leather seats
-Full miltek non res exhaust inc miltek sports cats
-H&R 20mm lowering springs
-auto dimming rear view mirror
-cruise control
-rain sensor wipers
-sharan badge
-mk5 wiper
-Cupra R splitter
-rear spacers

Got it for a good price too so im a happy chap!

Soon as I got it home I already had things I wanted to do, first thing being is cleaning up the exhaust. Needed a good polish up as the tips were black.

Pic to show the difference:

(Did do the other tip too
)

Also had the US spec lights from my old car so I swapped them onto it.

Luckily my old chap is a mechanic, so got it down to his garage to give it a good check over.

All it needs is a new front tire so can't complain

Finally took advantage of the nice day and gave it a clean too.

The all important sticker

And thats about it so far

Got a few plans in mind so will keep this updated with pics!
Cheers guys!

·
4,420 Posts
looks like a good example, what mods do you have in mind for the future?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like a good example, what mods do you have in mind for the future?
Cheers mate, needs one of two bits touched up but I'm very happy
would like a remap eventually, couple bits for the interior and I do have a reversing camera in my room which I could make use off. Just spending most my money on v power at the moment haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely car mate, liking the stuff you've done! Nice and subtle! Keep it up!
Thanks a lot
I can't really take credit for the mods as most of them were done by the previous owner lol. But plan is to keep it subtle looking

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seeing as it was nice weather decided to give the car a clean, sorry for poor pics, taken from iPhone!

Also gave it a service and changed the plus so I know it's all running healthy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had the day to sort out a few things with the R. The previous owner had a little encounter with a big curb and scratched the side of the front bumper. So ordered a touch up pen from VW. Didn't turn out too bad to be honest, by no means perfect, but looks a lot neater now

Before:

After:

Pinched my mums camera and took a couple of photos aswel (no idea what I'm doing with a camera but thought they looked cool haha)

Hopefully have some proper updates soon!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not an update as such, just a little cleaning!

Read a few posts about cleaning up steering wheels, and magic sponges seemed quite popular so got myself some of ebay and set to work

Steering wheel has looked a bit neglected since ive had the car, was in need of a good clean up!

before:

After:

pretty chuffed with the results, i prefer the matt look rather than shiny! Worth the £2 they cost

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They do work really well, just needs something on it to protect the leather
Yeah really impressed with them! I need to invest in something to protect like you say. Don't want to touch the steering wheel now haha

1 - 20 of 39 Posts