VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent a little bit of time cleaning my milltek pipes.

Used autosol and a wire brush attachment for my drill (only used this on the INSIDE)

not bad for a quick job, drill does an impressively quick job

Before:

After :

G

·
Good work Steve - I am going to get one of these attachments - mine a pretty clean on the outside, but a little sooty on the inside.

edit to say - I am sure my pipes are bigger - or at least look it. I can only just clean the sides of mine - you seem to have a fair bit of space on the left hand side.

G

·
macdaddy said:
the left pipe needs slightly adjusting to the left.
Mine needing adjust slightly when I had mt cats fitted. they stuck out too much.

Got it sorted when the manifolds were done.

·
748 Posts
Look good steve! what is the best cleaning product for stainless steal? my miltecs need a clean!

·
385 Posts
I used several coats of T cut metal polish and a scouring pad, it was time consuming but well worth the effort.

·
4,328 Posts
I found the silver polish that you can get with the wdding, usually next to drasso, is really really good for this, come in a silver and blue can (sorry cant remember the name).

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
when i picked mine up they looked lke they had never been cleaned took me a good 2 hours with wet and dry and metal polish but now look super not a spot of black on them! but good work on them steve

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Humm ,My standard exhaust looks like the above but the inner metal is very pitted on the inside.

I will have to have a go at cleaning them again but with a wire drill attachment .

·
4,328 Posts
mate you dont need it all you need is three products and you can do each in about 3-5 mins. The three are:

1 - 0 gauge wire wool
2 - metal polish
3 - autosmart tardis

and by spraying on some tradis then with the wire wool and metal polish, it will come off very very quickly and to a superb finish.

hth

andrew

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
pomme said:
mate you dont need it all you need is three products and you can do each in about 3-5 mins. The three are:

1 - 0 gauge wire wool
2 - metal polish
3 - autosmart tardis

and by spraying on some tradis then with the wire wool and metal polish, it will come off very very quickly and to a superb finish.

hth

andrew
Hi Andrew

I have just saved this to my favorites and just want to know what tradis is ?

Thanks young man

·
344 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else noticed when you've done a long journey in the R do your tailpipes stick out about another inch?

Obviously metal expands when it gets hot but I didn't realise it would expand that much!

Also I need to re-adjust one of my tailpipes, is it fairly easy to do or will I need to put more exhaust grease on when I do it?

·
4,328 Posts
caxton01 said:
Hi Andrew

I have just saved this to my favorites and just want to know what tradis is ?

Thanks young man
Its basically i highly solvent based product (i think its a solvent) its also very very very good at getting rid of tar from the bodywork.

Oh and the tailpipes do stick out when they get hot :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts