VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have only had my R a few months and because of you lot am seriously considering taking the wheels of to give them a good clean inside and out... is this normal?

friends and family think i have car cleaning OCD :hmmmm2: :stupid:

·
1,222 Posts
you are not alone, i do that every 6 months. All the wheels come off 1 at a time and they get scrubbed down until they are spotless.

The wife thinks I am mad, I did this when I own a Golf V5.

i have heard there is a OCWCD clinic :dancing: I am they CEO :shakehands:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
lol, i have a detail coming up soon, where he wants everything, and i mean everything! will take about 3 days all in.

up on axel stands, under car wash and protection
all wheels fully cleaned
exterior detail
interior detail
all arches
engine bay!

should keep me busy

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet baby jesus of nazareth what have i gotten myself into!

have always cleaned my cars every week or so - but never like this... this is the end argh! what granny? no i cant ive got homework

cuckoo ! zc can i apply for vice pres?

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you joking coz im as serious as courderoy..

i recently changed my rear wiper for a mkV one and forgot to buy a new black nut to fix the wiper on with... now every time i go to open the boot i see the semi-corroded old nut and it makes my beanbag cringe ! :nurse:

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ooh.. maybe at the southern meet we can have some sort of group therapy session? :bawling::bird: :vollkommenauf:

·
286 Posts
Hey tell me about it. I've had to slowly get used to taking the car out in ever increasing amouts of rain. It still really hurts though, and on a weekend i have to tie my hands and feet together to stop cleaning it. What's the point, you've got to enjoy it, that's what they tell me anyway?
I once got beaten in a concours by someone who polished their springs! He'd done 15K miles in a '94 corrado. Again, what's the point in having it if not to drive?

·
1,222 Posts
I enjoy my R32 and I drive it! but when It comes to cleaning well I make sure it is done, well done if you know what i mean!!

·
20 Posts
zirconium said:
you are not alone, i do that every 6 months. All the wheels come off 1 at a time and they get scrubbed down until they are spotless.

The wife thinks I am mad, I did this when I own a Golf V5.

i have heard there is a OCWCD clinic :dancing: I am they CEO :shakehands:
Might as well rotate your tires at this point, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts