1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best technique and products?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
AG wheel cleaner and a wee 1'' brush. Takes more than 1 application. Dont leave on for longer than 2 minutes and rinse well.

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Bilberry wheel cleaner pal, use neat & it usually shifts it.....................

Spray on dry wheel & leave for 10 mins, then jet wash off and re-apply & agitate it with a brush and jet wash off

Let me know if you need any products got a shed full of stuff doing nowt at atm lol

·
5,496 Posts
Caked on brake dust, that $hit that nothing can remove - you'll need a non damaging specific cleaner of the likes of

Iron-X (google it!).

Can be bought from lots of places online, specifically formulated for cleaning those sorts of problem areas without damaging the paint on the wheels.
Can also be used on body work too, to great effect.

There's also other similar products like 'purple rain, and dragon's breath' . They all smell like turd btw

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
Billberry wheel cleaner, love that stuff and it works like a dream!

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*baked in, ffs i shock my self some times.

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers, just bought some billberry from the Bay.

·
2,303 Posts
If its bad bilberry won't touch it mate I assure you that it is a good wheel cleaner but for stubborn stuff get that paste it worked for me wheels hadn't been cleaned for a few months and brake dust was ground in and this stuff did the job

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
*baked in, ffs i shock my self some times.
If the Bilberry dosn't shift it(which I doubt) let me know got some harsher stuff that won't damage the wheel etc........ususally use it for the underneath of the car/arches etc

·
5,496 Posts
If its bad bilberry won't touch it mate I assure you that it is a good wheel cleaner but for stubborn stuff get that paste it worked for me wheels hadn't been cleaned for a few months and brake dust was ground in and this stuff did the job

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That paste stuff looks great. I've got Iron-X spray on stuff, and it runs out pretty quickly, seem to spray loads!

I've just bought some dragon's breath stuff, keen to give it a go once the wheels get dirty.

I might give that paste stuff a go next time, it looks cheap too at £6 for a tube.

I've got Billberry too, and it's a great cleaner like it's already been said, but yes it WILL NOT SHIFT caked on brake dust. You have to use something like Iron-X to eat away metal / brake pad particles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts