VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently noticed that my car has started making a clicking noise, and it's coming from behind the steering wheel. It sounds like a relay that's gone faulty. It only does its a lower speeds. Any ideas?

I've posted a video on YouTube but don't know how to post it here using my phone!

Need help as its pissing me off!!!

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all the time, but only at lower speeds. I thought it might be the indicator self cancelling switch. It's just getting very annoying now!

Does the steering wheel have and angle sensor it a other relay linked to it?

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you search 'golf r32 dash clicking' on YouTube you will find the vid.

·
19,389 Posts
I have heard of this before and I'm sure it was the control module located within the steering column. If. I remember correctly, there was no other symptoms other than random ticking.

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah sounds like a possible candidate. Everything else works fine! Bothe stalks, mfsw and paddles are all fine apart from the clicking!

You know how much one of those modules costs to replace??

·
19,389 Posts
Yeah sounds like a possible candidate. Everything else works fine! Bothe stalks, mfsw and paddles are all fine apart from the clicking!

You know how much one of those modules costs to replace??
Sorry I don't. I did do a search ti try and find where I originally saw it but to no avail.

You might want to PM N13KKF or SI-R32, as they know more about these modules than myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts