VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've owned my R32 now for a couple of months and absolutely love it. Recently I've heard a clicking noise in the engine bay, I've changed the alternator pulley and belt tensioner but I still have the noise. Any ideas on what I should check next? Many thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Is it constant when the engine is idling or can you hear it when driving? Is it a low sounding fast click

Sent from my ST18i

·
1,357 Posts
Isn't it the charcoal fllter - this is quite normal!

·
19,389 Posts
As above, it's probably the charcoal filter.

·
19,389 Posts
No, it's not dangerous and perfectly normal.

It is the black canister with pipes coming out of it on the left of the engine bay next to the screenwash filler tube.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard that part clicking continuously , this noise happens every now and then, it's that loud I can hear it from inside the car with the windows shut.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Paul20031975 said:
I have heard that part clicking continuously , this noise happens every now and then, it's that loud I can hear it from inside the car with the windows shut.
That's very loud!

Have you run VCDS? It's very easy and scary to speculate over a PC

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Paul20031975 said:
What's vcds cheempeej ?
It's basically the software for diagnostics. A deer can do it or some members have it and will do anything you like for a small fee

·
19,389 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the engine bay?

You often get clicking from behind the dash as the motor controlled flaps get out of sync and drive against the end stops.

Injectors and chains tick in relation to engine speed but not loud enough for you to hear inside the cabin.

·
19,389 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vcds is a way of looking and programming the cars functions. You can look at error codes that may not show on the dash lights and clear them if you are happy. I bought my interface cable from Ross-tech.com in USA. They are like having a spare tyre for your car, you can get by without one but it will save you when needed.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express

1 - 20 of 23 Posts