VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clunk noise when I'm Parking I reverse slowly & brake & get (CLUNK) noise been like this from the day I have had it 18k now on 85k have brought 2 shims & 4 bolts for subframe, hoping it will cure haven't fitted yet anyone suffer these symptoms! Also already replaced engine mount, gearbox mount upper & subframe bushes both, also replaced front console bush both sides any info would be grateful thanks!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay have changed fronts & back pads & disc still have clunk copper greased the clunk noise sounds exactly what your saying bob but the noise is load & abit embarrassing have I think it's brake pads but too loud of a noise though arb checked all is tight or subframe but removed subframe & replaced still have the noise, suspension feels good & strong thought I haven't change the (bush or bearing mount) ? But must say bob they do feel & sound like pads! Took it to central vw audi they said your rear pads a getting low could be that but not sure I have changed the pads already in the past no change all genuine vw parts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have read post in the past stating you have to press the brake a bit more harder when comming to a stop if I'm right otherwise pads have play in them is that right!

·
Registered
338 Posts
So you all have this CLUNK noise when your reversing slowly & braking on the mk5 r32 must say it is a bit loud!!
I dont have the clunk on this car [R32] but on my last Impreza I had the clunk when reversing and braking and that was due to the front pads moving slightly within the caliper.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anything to stop this noise, example a caliper stiffening kit, like the mk4 r32 kit "Jamesbaby" has for sale on this forum recently. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.