VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having covered 4k in my MK5 R32 manual, I still can't get a smooth gear shift from 1st to 2nd on the up shift, it's not the gear lever a such, but a metalicy (spelling) linkage, light clunk from under the car, that's quiet noticable with the drivers window open.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same?

Ta

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
have you tried different changing situations?

I get an aggressive engagement in almost every gear although i am on 96k miles now.

I find that if i do a full throttle gear change at speed, and feather the clutch ever so slightly its ok.

If i dump it, its like an aggressive clunk into place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayne said:
have you tried different changing situations?

I get an aggressive engagement in almost every gear although i am on 96k miles now.

I find that if i do a full throttle gear change at speed, and feather the clutch ever so slightly its ok.

If i dump it, its like an aggressive clunk into place.
Hi Wayne
I find I have to lift right of the pedal, I can't eventhe slightest contact with the throttle pedal, but you right, if I give it some beans, it's fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm, had mine back to the dealer last week for just this reason. When I change up I get a metallic clunk from under the car. I thought at first it sounded like the gear linkage but it happens when I depress the clutch and before I even touch the gear lever.
Dealer accepted there was a noise but failed to find a fix. :hmmmm2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plodd said:
Hmmm, had mine back to the dealer last week for just this reason. When I change up I get a metallic clunk from under the car. I thought at first it sounded like the gear linkage but it happens when I depress the clutch and before I even touch the gear lever.
Dealer accepted there was a noise but failed to find a fix. :hmmmm2:
You've summed it up, absolutly spot on Plodd, I sat in mine the other night, engine off, and depressing the clutch and heard a light click/crack when the pedel reached the uppermost point of travel, did the same this morning & nothing.:hmmmm:

The trouble is in this weather, with the windows down, I can hear it all the more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts