VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the coil pack recall done today. Thought I may as well seeing as its free! Just out of interest, how much would the old ones be worth second hand? There's nothing wrong with them, as I say I'm only having it done as its free and hasn't been done yet on that car. There's never been a problem with them.

·
19,388 Posts
As above, the replaced parts become the property of VW.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I'd stuck to Hondas, wouldn't be wasting half an hour of my life having recall stuff done then!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be fair most cars have some sort of recall work but normally they don't tell you about it, they just do it on the sly when it goes in for a service. And they even tried saying the brake fluid needs changing when I only did it three weeks ago! Oh the joy of main dealers. Lol

·
19,388 Posts
To be fair most cars have some sort of recall work but normally they don't tell you about it, they just do it on the sly when it goes in for a service. And they even tried saying the brake fluid needs changing when I only did it three weeks ago! Oh the joy of main dealers. Lol
Not defending the dealer but they would just be going by the last time the fluid was changed according to their records and it being longer than 24 months. To be fair, they wouldn't know you changed the fluid 3 weeks ago unless the service receptionist was psychic:)

Removing the cap off the master cylinder and looking in, it's hard to tell how old the fluid is.

As you say one of the first things dealers do when they get a car in is check if there are any outstanding technical updates against it.

Reactions: TwoCollieForThirty

·
2,204 Posts
As its a recall,the parts become VW's,you will not get the old ones back.
They chuck them straight into the bin, even if still working. I did have a bag of them at home for spares but have thrown a load myself since getting the recall done.

Personally, I would never sell something that VW throw in the bin

·
742 Posts
Seems a shame,but I guess they claim the cost back from the parts supplier so it's no biggie for them. Still,nothing annoys me more than missing the breakfast menu @ McDonald's by a couple of minutes,and watching all those lovely mcmuffins they won't sell u being binned! Heartbreaking!!!

·
3,392 Posts
Seems a shame,but I guess they claim the cost back from the parts supplier so it's no biggie for them. Still,nothing annoys me more than missing the breakfast menu @ McDonald's by a couple of minutes,and watching all those lovely mcmuffins they won't sell u being binned! Heartbreaking!!!
Many McMuffins die this way on a daily basis, it saddens me too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts