VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a set of eibach pro street s coilovers. They have been sitting in the box for around six weeks now, I would like to ask....... Before I start fitting them, what have people found they have needed when fitting coilovers. Im only going to lower 30-40mm, will I need spacers if any? would like the wheels to sit flush with the arches. Will I need new or different drop links? Some one said I will need adjustable tie rods? I'm all for doing things right, not just slapping them in on a saturday morning and thinking job done. Once the are on I will take them to a garage to get the alignment. All help appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Hi all

Hello

I have a set of eibach pro street s coilovers. They have been sitting in the box for around six weeks now, I would like to ask....... Before I start fitting them, what have people found they have needed when fitting coilovers

Spanner, jacks, axle stands, patience usual really

. Im only going to lower 30-40mm,

Perfect for a daily

will I need spacers if any?

You dont need them but would help with aesthetics, 20mm on the back and 8 on the front will bring them flush

would like the wheels to sit flush with the arches. Will I need new or different drop links?

No need but a lot of coilover kits come with new drop links anyway

Some one said I will need adjustable tie rods?

BS

I'm all for doing things right, not just slapping them in on a saturday morning and thinking job done. Once the are on I will take them to a garage to get the alignment.

Good man

All help appreciated.

Cheers.

No probs

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well cheers for this mate. All I need to know really, heard so many different things from different people, about what I need and don't need. Best get the spacers ordered then.

Thanks for the help

Jordan.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Jord_o said:
Well cheers for this mate. All I need to know really, heard so many different things from different people, about what I need and don't need. Best get the spacers ordered then.

Thanks for the help

Jordan.
What Paul says is 100% correct but I run just 15mm spacers on back dropped 70mm makes the back wheels same distance from
Arch as front

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
This is a genuine question Paul, how can less than 5 turns be an MOT failure when they can't remove anything for the test?
Hmm true Steff. I never thought of that, just always went by that rule.

Roll on the chopped studs! Joking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts