VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my .:R decided it wants a coilpack to go down on Wednesday causing my car to run like shit on 5 cylinders, but then cleared & then came back,

Cut to the chase I decided to ring VW and ask for the recall which had not been used on my car,
So anyways just got it back from VW today with 6 new coilpacks

So pleased & Vw was so helpful

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
19,388 Posts
Hi gents, how do u find out if ur car is due for these recals or any others?
Cheers
When you are calling the service desk make reference to "28F5" issued Feb 2011 and give them your VIN and Reg No.

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you are calling the service desk make reference to "28F5" issued Feb 2011 and give them your VIN and Reg No.
I only asked them what recalls on it even though I knew they was recalled & then gave then my Reg and went from there

·
19,388 Posts
I only asked them what recalls on it even though I knew they was recalled & then gave then my Reg and went from there
Normally that should be enough but doesn't do any harm having a little more info. just in case.

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
318 Posts
Good to know, my car was due this recall so booked in to Vw Stirling next week.

Nearly died too as they said originally that the car was bought from there when new, they told me the car was last serviced at 40k.
My car has only on 21k and I bought it on 17k couple months back - the reg was still showing as what was on my written off one thank god.

Also they said it was an import from the Netherlands when it was new - is that a good or bad thing?

·
2,204 Posts
4k in 2 months, good going!

I'm a bit confused about your written off reg but does the chassis number for what they think is your car is match yours?

Not a bad thing importing it. Maybe someone from the netherlands working over here brought it over or there wasn't any stock in germany?

Does the MK5 not record the mileage in the engine ECU? MK4s don't but not sure about the 5.

·
19,388 Posts
Unless you told VW that that the previous car was written off and the plate had been transferred to your car, how would they know? It's not as if there system is directly connected the DVLA.

One thing you do have to be careful though is that the plate is not marked as CAT D. My sister had that issue when she wrote a car off and transferred the plate to a new one. When she went to sell the new car, it was marked incorrectly as CAT D. Thankfully it was easy to sort out.

Yes, the MK5 does record the mileage in the ECU, as far as I'm aware.

In general imports tend to be worth a little less money and sometimes can have a different spec.

·
318 Posts
Yes I put my private reg on this one a couple weeks back. All sorted at Vw now tho, all records updated. I'm gonna be keeping this one a while so hopefully dont need to worry incase the marker for plate stands.
Regarding the imports being cheaper, the spec I have is ideal so all good. Only thing I'd like is the folding mirrors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts