VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to insure a land rover freelander commercial to use for work an the dogs ect , but the cheapest quotes I've had is £2000 third party that's more than my 32 at £1700 fully comp they said its because I'm only 19 but surly I can get it cheaper than that .
Any help ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Commercial is more expensive than normal insurance and its a ripoff if your young, I now I'm a builder. It's more expensive to insure my 1.8 transit connect than it is my R lol. Just the way it is, robing wan*kers.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm trying to insure a land rover freelander commercial to use for work an the dogs ect , but the cheapest quotes I've had is £2000 third party that's more than my 32 at £1700 fully comp they said its because I'm only 19 but surly I can get it cheaper than that .
Any help ?
Hi,
Feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of Commercial quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Commercial is more expensive than normal insurance and its a ripoff if your young, I now I'm a builder. It's more expensive to insure my 1.8 transit connect than it is my R lol. Just the way it is, robing wan*kers.
Perhaps, the risk is greater for the commercial vehicle than private car policy.

I had a complaint yesterday on a forum, customer was unhappy that we were charging more for his daily driver diesel than his modified weekend toy.. a quick look at the risk showed the diesel car value at £25k and 20K annual mileage, the weekend toy was valued at £2000 and covered 3000 miles a year. Therefore the risk to the insurer was greater due to the higher value and mileage covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts