VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rust spot has suddenly appeared inside the sill of my rear door I've also got small bubbles appearing on o/s wheelarch would I be right in thinking this shouldn't be happening so soon on a 2007 mk5

ForumRunner_20130827_202455.png

ForumRunner_20130827_202455.png

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the car is completely standard with full service history only mod is change if alloys but they are the same size as originals

·
19,389 Posts
Wings is a common issue and if the car still has the original paintwork then VW shoyld repair it under the 12 year anti-corrosion warranty. Take the car to a VW dealer, they will check paint depth and hopefully they will agree fo resolve the issue. VW are aware of the issue with corrosion on MK5 front wings. Do a search, plenty of threads on the subject with varying outcomes.

Sill is harder as it could have been caused by a chip. The warranty only covers corrosion from the inside out and not if the paint surface is chipped or broken.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
As Bob says, you have a good case for the wings with it being standard FSH etc, chance your hand with the sill but unlikely. **** on here (BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGED) only got 50% of his doors done so sills are unlikely.

Good luck either way

·
Registered
197 Posts
apologies for stealing thread here but since we are on the topic on corrosion

Has any of you guys heard of a manufacturers fault of the boot on a MK5??

the edges of the boot rub against the bumper causing white scuffs/corrosion?

·
210 Posts
When I spoke to the tech a vw about my wings (still waiting on vw to get back to me) he said that people get the warranty wrong, its a perforation warranty on bodywork this excludes bolt on panels Inc wings , vw are only doing the repairs on the wings as a good grace gesture hence they will only offer 50% help, this was only because so many people come forward with the complaint .....

·
210 Posts
When I spoke to the tech a vw about my wings (still waiting on vw to get back to me) he said that people get the warranty wrong, its a perforation warranty on bodywork this excludes bolt on panels Inc wings , vw are only doing the repairs on the wings as a good grace gesture hence they will only offer 50% help, this was only because so many people come forward with the complaint .....

·
2,204 Posts
How do MK4s compare for rusting? I don't think I've ever seen a rusty MK4 R!

My mate had an 08 plate MK5 and whilst we were under it fitting the haldex sport switch, I noticed the floor was rusting in places already!

·
899 Posts
Common rust problem on the Mk5's my mates got a GTTDI and its rotten! He does try to look after it too!

VW should definitely sort it, i think they changed the galv on the body work at some stage and this is what is causing so many to rust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts