VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been told a few years back that this was not possible on the Mk4 R32 without purchasing an extra 'box of tricks', I gave up trying to find the appropriate VAG-COM Central Convinience code. However recently a friend of mine with an older Mk4 20VT paid someone at a local garage to turn on his courtesy windows for £10, and from what he described it actually was just a code input from VAG-COM.!?

Has anyone succesfully done this with their car without purchasing the extra control box (Which we couldn't find on his 20VT as we assumed it had)?

I did try his code on my car but unfortunately it seems to be a totally different code system as when I tried it all it did was disable my deadlocks. £10's not exactly breaking the bank, but it would be nice if we could do it ourselves...

Cheers for any help in advance :top:

In a bit,
Leon.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah... Good news, I'll do some google digging again then, unless anyone else knows exactly where to look ;)

I'll bring my VAG-COM to the Lea Gate meet next week too so if I manage to suss it, I'll offer my services to those requiring it, lol :)

In a bit,
Leon.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
560 Posts
This should do the trick. Maybe a few of us could buy one together and just post it around until we have all loaded our convenience unit with the new software.
 

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
Joined
·
7,935 Posts
Hi Leon ,

I had Auto windows added to my car along with other things like alarm bleep , lit needles , Miles to empty , Auto lock .

It was done by KALU on here ( Very impressed and happy with it ! )

Kalu had Vag com and also another lap top and I dont know what lap top did what though ?
 

·
Gold Member
Joined
·
2,304 Posts
danny.mcmahon said:
This should do the trick. Maybe a few of us could buy one together and just post it around until we have all loaded our convenience unit with the new software.
I've bought this for my car works perfectly but I only paid £25 can't remember where from....

And Dwolfuk did the alarm beeps and anti hijack....

Thanks again Barry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
You might need vag tacho or a similar program to reprogram the eprom code to do this, i don't think vagcom can turn this function on. Kalu is one of the guru's on this on uk-mkiv/mkv's along with another who's name escapes me at the minute
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
193 Posts
I always wondered if the windows are or could be linked to the rain sensor.. If they're down and it rains while the car is parked, then could they go up automatically? And why have such options switched off? If the car is capable of doing it, then let it do it! Stupid!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
BlackDSG said:
You might need vag tacho or a similar program to reprogram the eprom code to do this, i don't think vagcom can turn this function on. Kalu is one of the guru's on this on uk-mkiv/mkv's along with another who's name escapes me at the minute
I think the the chap is aRD He's also on this forum,probaly worth searching him out and sending him a Pm.

I know Kalu did my autowindows(including the sunroof!), MtoE and illuminated needles.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
193 Posts
caxton01 said:
I had Auto windows added to my car along with other things like alarm bleep , lit needles , Miles to empty , Auto lock.
was this on the Mk4? How does the lit needles work? I was telling someone bout that nice option the other day and wished my car would do it!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
141 Posts
Can do these mods if you're West Yorkshire area.
 

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
Joined
·
7,935 Posts
bugjuice said:
was this on the Mk4? How does the lit needles work? I was telling someone bout that nice option the other day and wished my car would do it!
Hi Bugjuice,

Yes this was done on my mk4 ,

The lit needles are lit ALL the time ( Just like when you have your lights on).
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
172 Posts
Just want to say thanks for BugOlugs for doing the auto locks, remote windows, Miles to Empty, alarm beeps & lit needles for me. Can recommend him for anyone in the West Yorkshire area. :top::top:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
141 Posts
Archer said:
Just want to say thanks for BugOlugs for doing the auto locks, remote windows, Miles to Empty, alarm beeps & lit needles for me. Can recommend him for anyone in the West Yorkshire area. :top::top:
Very welcome mate.

:beer:
 
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top