VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my oil this morning when i noticed the cap had cream on it, is that a bad sign or not ? its not been a year since it was changed so the oil has been in there for nearly 10000 miles ?

Attachments

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Severe condensation. Normal but I've never seen that much.

Any other symptoms? Water ok? Heaters hot? Using water?

As I said I wouldn't worry but better to be safe than sorry

·
2,204 Posts
Looks like the usual condensation cream to me. Not as tasty as salad cream, but you can't have everything.

Head gasket leaks are rare in R32s in my experience, on healthy looked after cars.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As kindly pointed out by Toffs i did a search and it must be down to my short journeys to and from work as ive got no other issues

and ive got no advice for Toffs return key problem......

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
As kindly pointed out by Toffs i did a search and it must be down to my short journeys to and from work as ive got no other issues

and ive got no advice for Toffs return key problem......
Aww… sorry I'm grumpy today Lee

I can beat this feckin forum return key glitch… see my carriage returns NOW !!!

Muhahahahaa

Hahahaha

TAKE THAT you anti-carriage return forum!

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Please tell me you used a mouse to write this and its not handwriting on a tab!
Actually, I used my mouse and found it a bit too neat for my liking (I was trying to convey a four year old as part of the sarcasm). I resorted to using my left hand, and thought it looked ok for my first try… I've never used a handwriting tab, sounds fun ?!

·
Registered
250 Posts
As above, looks like condensation. Used to get this every now and then on my B6 Passat because I did more short journeys than long. Nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I had this also, my cars off the road till June, but i still go out every other day and idle the car for 10-15 mins at a time a few revs and all that jazz, then i found this stuff also! from what i have been told its from the short trips and not letting the car stretch its legs !

Wez

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I've always been told there's not 1 advantage to idling your car.

Uses fuel
Nothing gets up to optimum temperature
Nothing gets up to optimum pressure
Causes the most amount of wear, (cold + idle)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts