VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted and working ! wasnt that bad to fit the most annoying part was fitting the wires to the fuse in the fusebox, I could not get the original terminal out and ended up leaving it in and cutting the wire out of the back of the fusebox and crimping on my own terminals but besides that all went

was looking around on the internet for a decat pipe but couldnt find anything that i thought was decent so i decided to make my own took the cats off earlier tonight will let you know how it goes tomorrow should have it back on and going tomorrow

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
did you have to Vag-com it to set it up ?
Done a couple of motorway journys recently and really missed not having CC

Also i think de-catting causes the emissions light to come on, so just be warned you'll have a cluster like an xmas tree. Not sure whether you can turn it off and it'll stay off or whether it will keep coming back on.

Anyway lets know how you get on, take some pics too

G

·
You do need to enable it via VAG-COM - the kits can be bought pretty cheaply. You get an OEM stalk. As I am sure you can guess I didn't install mine was £145+VAT from Awesome and that's fitted.

I use mine everyday through speed camera areas, and 30 and 40 mph zones. Love it.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i had vag com to activate it... well the emissions light hasnt came on yet...it seems to made a bit of a difference to performance and it drinks a bit more fuel now - it's a bit tinny taking off but still sounds ok when putting load on the engine !

think im going to have to go for a miltek system and a high flow cat but that can wait a while.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a update my emmissions light has now came on ! a quick plug into vag com and it's saying cats are below effiecency - dont know if it was conincedence or not but i had to put cheap fuel in her and toddle to the neareast tesco and get some 99oct on the go...cleared fault code and it hasnt came back on again yet !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts