VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A Few of you may have seen im after a cruise control kit for my MK4 R32

Cheempeej has already told me the kit i posted the other day will work with my car and its not that i dont trust his judgement as he has come up trumps for me many times already......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170946659288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This kit is the one im looking at but i'm getting info that says different things on different websites, some say the normal MK4 golf kits like the TDI one or the 1.8T wont work on the R32 ??

Also some say i only need the stalk and not the loom??

Just getting a little confused over it all, all i need to know will the above link work in my R32, i have a guy ready to code it from UK-MKIVS his also a member on here.....

Anyone fitted it themselves, what was needed and was it easy to fit? i have a new airbag also for the steering wheel as mine is marked that i will be fitting at the same time, but thats covered....

Thanks for any advice or help guys

Wez

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your buying it from dsgwagen then I would email and ask,give him your vin number and he can check.
I've ordered and spoke to him before very knowledgeable and works at parts dept at VW.
I don't know your location but I'm sure awesome fit these for 120 all in.
Thanks for the heads up, im after any and all information i can get, just annoying i keep getting different info all the time

And awesome are well out of my reach lol

Wez

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I fitted one to my 03 plate R32 and no loom required just the stalk and also follow this http://uk-mkivs.net/...s/t/221940.aspx only thing that I found was fiddly was the scuttle panel as it was really stiff and it broke this cost me another £53 from VW
Awesome thanks, nice to kow that i dont need a loom, makes it so much cheaper.

i have found on ebay a genuine newer stalk for £30 no loom!

After reading the guide, do i have to do all that if i got an R32? or is that guide just got 1.8T and TDI........

Wez

·
210 Posts
Hi Wez you have to follow it all mate, the cable that came with the stalk some of the wires go into the fuse box and the rest go the box thing at the back of the scuttle panel, took me an hour to do the stalk and the connection to the fuse box but then took me hours to get the wipers off and the scuttle panel.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Wez you have to follow it all mate, the cable that came with the stalk some of the wires go into the fuse box and the rest go the box thing at the back of the scuttle panel, took me an hour to do the stalk and the connection to the fuse box but then took me hours to get the wipers off and the scuttle panel.
Think i may give this a miss then for now!

I love the ideas of having it but i don't fancy pulling my new car apart, from past experience things never go back together as perfect as they looked before! i'll end up with an annoying squeak or something!

Ill wait and find an excuse to go to Awesome gti

Wez

·
2,303 Posts
Yeah tdi one because some cars require an extra loom

I fitted mine myself and was pretty easy to do, there's a very decent how to guide kicking about and you also get a guide with the kit. Nothing will squeak either lol it's just a case of taking wheel off, stalks apart the refit cruise stalk, wire runs from fuse box to stalk and then from there into the box of plugs under the scuttle panel very simple just take your time and nothing can go wrong, if ya get stuck just give one of us a PM

First time fitting probablies take you a good half a day, just remember that all the wiring harness plugs and fuse block have a double lock system to release the wires, the purple bits slides to unlock the wires then you have to depress the tab on the wire and pull it out, took me ages to figure it out after searching all over the net for an answer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts