VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
95 Posts
Right guys, i started a thread about a year and half ago about trying to sort out a c2 turbo kit as i liked the top mount turbo design. But i didn't get anywhere with it as c2 UK are no more and regal autosport don't stock them anymore.

Now i've just come back from being away for a year and im back into thinking about turbocharging the R again. I'm looking into kits from the USA because i just cant get into my head paying £15-£20k for a kit in the UK.

The 2 kits im looking at are:

CTS Turbo Mk4 R32 Stage 3 turbo Kit for $5200
http://www.ctsturbo....KIT-217-47.html

C2 Motorsports Mk4 R32 Stage 2 Turbo Kit $7000
http://www.c2motorsp...emart&Itemid=58

I'm using this duty calculator website to work out the tax and vat etc.. and it works out:
http://www.dutycalcu...ax-calculation/

CTS Kit £4114 delivered to my door
C2 Kit £5539 delivered to my door

Now i know a couple of modifications will need to be done to fit RHD but there only minor like Down-pipe etc...

So does anybody think i should go ahead with this idea after i've decided on which kit to get, although im 90% going to go with the CTS kit to be honest. Or is anybody against it? im open to opinions.

Cheers

Ben

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what thread mate??

·
993 Posts
CTS - you have to choose fueling otherwise it isn't supplied with the kit and their kits are coming without tuning(this is not 100% confirmed) this has been discussed on VWVortex.

C2 - maps are not best and most of the people are going elsewhere - UM(US)

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks! I'm swaying more towards CTS as its a decent price and a couple of people in the states have the kits! Yeah I've just accounted for fuelling, thanks

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had a Reply from clay at CTS in the states, he said that a few kits have been sold to people in Australia and they have fitted the kit to there rhd cars without major issues so all should be good.

He also said that shipping is $700 BUT he will give me 15% off the final price to help with the shipping costs, he seems to be a nice chap.

Looks like ill be going with the CTS kit then as its cheaper than the C2 kit plus its more bhp and kit for your money, ill keep everyone updated.

Ben

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Sounds good.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, waiting for clay to get back to me on a few other bits before I go ahead.

The total price is £5168.10 delivered to my door with all tax and customs etc paid.

And that's for the stage 4 turbo kit with short runner intake, plus Ecu software and 550cc injectors

·
3,788 Posts
benntrevv said:
Thanks guys, waiting for clay to get back to me on a few other bits before I go ahead.

The total price is £5168.10 delivered to my door with all tax and customs etc paid.

And that's for the stage 4 turbo kit with short runner intake, plus Ecu software and 550cc injectors
Take it that's the precision turbo option?

·
993 Posts
It's a precision HP6262S journal bearing turbo, or it's £450 extra for a Garrett GT3582R
"Tried last week on 2 evo 8 of two clients of mines, same engine spec, 2.3 on 4g63, same cams, same injectors, same ecu, one with a t3 gt3852 r kit from Shearer, and the other with a tial 6262 t3 kit from Ross, well, at the same boost pressure the precision has an advantage of about 60/70 peak hp realated to rpm, it's really brutal past 5000 rpm. but before full boost the gt35r wins hands down, it builds boost and power more gradually..... In my opinion for a fast road car/ track day use i would choose the garrett, for drag racing the 6262...... BTW, on the dyno, the difference in spool seems not a great thing, but on the road it's really remarkable. ( the car with the gt35 is around 610 hp at 2 bar boost, at the same boost the one 6262 equipped is around 670 hp )" Giangi(p.1, post# 11)

http://www.lancerreg...ad.php?t=372673

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SVK said:
Tried last week on 2 evo 8 of two clients of mines, same engine spec, 2.3 on 4g63, same cams, same injectors, same ecu, one with a t3 gt3852 r kit from Shearer, and the other with a tial 6262 t3 kit from Ross, well, at the same boost pressure the precision has an advantage of about 60/70 peak hp realated to rpm, it's really brutal past 5000 rpm. but before full boost the gt35r wins hands down, it builds boost and power more gradually..... In my opinion for a fast road car/ track day use i would choose the garrett, for drag racing the 6262...... BTW, on the dyno, the difference in spool seems not a great thing, but on the road it's really remarkable. ( the car with the gt35 is around 610 hp at 2 bar boost, at the same boost the one 6262 equipped is around 670 hp )

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=372673
Thanks mate, I'll have a think

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just deciding now on weather to get the software from CTS, which would involve sending my ECU to the states and then waiting 3 weeks for it to come back.

I'm trying to source someone in the UK that can live map it so I can have the map exactly how I want it.

Ben

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
R-Tech that you might have heard good things about cannot map a turbo R32 incase you think of them. R-Tech don`t actually know sod all about the 3.2 V6 engine. They just use the same mapping principle to mapping a R32 as they do to 1.8t and tfsi as they share the same basic ECU set up. Not that i have anything against R-Tech but asked them to map my car and was told he hasn`t got the knowledge or interest to do so.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts