VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
810 Posts
Excellent work. Very thorough. You will finish up with a first rate Mk4. All the parts prices add up don't they. I bet you do not want to list every last penny !!!! Lovely job on the piantwork too. Impressive .

·
Registered
810 Posts
Given all you have done/ are doing, I would be very tempted to get the whole car back together In one piece, do some dry miles for a shakedown check and to reacquaint yourself with how the car now feels and drives, as you will have transformed both the suspension and brakes . Once you are content with all your progress, then raid the piggy bank again for a remap . Given that you had a Mk5 , it will be interesting for you to compare your ( presumably ) o.e Mk5 with your now upgraded Mk4 . At the time of launch of the 1k ( Mk5 ) platform, the reviews all suggested that the Mk5 was a step improvement in handling and grip, but as I have never driven ( or even been in ) a Mk4 I have no idea . You will.
Enjoy

·
Registered
810 Posts
Very nice work.On the strength of your post, I have just ordered a 2 litre kit of the same stuff, so I hope you get a refund for your sales pitch !
When you have finished you will be reluctant to take it out in the wet !!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
That suggests that the front caliper is all but seized. Odd that both are . Take a front caliper off, pop a block of wood between piston and the opposite side , but with a small gap and gently press the pedal. You will soon know if the piston is moving .

Oh, my Lanoguard arrived this morning. Thanks for the tip about clothing. When I come to use it I will press my worst set of overalls into service and then write them off .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts