VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,501 Posts
Nice to see one being restored in this way. I'm sure that's cost an eye opening amount just in OEM parts .

Have u considered upgrading the rear disc size ? I fitted 300mm cookbot rear discs and retained the OEM calipers , and the braking increase is quite eye opening , which suprised me a lot as everyone says the rears don't do anything!

I'm sure those manifolds took you hours to do. I've only heard of people saying the engine ideally needs to come out or you'll be swearing till the next year fighting rusted studs that you can't reach easily

I managed to get new r32 lower control arms off eBay , so they came with bushes. And they were only £130 each side . Worth scouring eBay for bargain OEM parts. They do come up sometimes .

Same goes for the OEM front discs, seen them online for around £130-150 before.

Good luck in your build, love seeing old mk4s being kept alive like this !

·
5,501 Posts
Suprised the rear discs are considered special order , they are used on all the higher power GTi and 4wd cars,

TT , s3, GTi 180, 4motions etc .

But oh well!

·
5,501 Posts
Great work on the DIY resto project.

Protecting the underbody is a great idea .

Never heard of lanoguard before this, so I googled it. Apparently it is made from sheep products and it therefore smells of sheep?! One forum thread said that the smell of it can attract rodents?! Dunno how true that is,. What are your comments on it now you've used it ?!!!

·
5,501 Posts
I must be the only person in the world that fitted the comfort module relay and hated it ! The mk4's stalk doesn't have the same feeling as later Mk5 onwards cars. Something to do with the microswitches or springing, can't remember exactly!

·
5,501 Posts
Do you still have the spare wheel replacement big black foam moulding fitted ? That absorbs lots of exhaust back box noise. If not, stick it back in ?

·
5,501 Posts
U can stick some sound deadening mat there. The same stuff you stick to car doors when building speakers etc. That made a big difference to my cars road noise and exhaust noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts