VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
693 Posts
Not seen then fitted to an R32, but various other cars and I would say if you can find another wheel, do so!

These are cheap for a reason, they look cheap!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 'only real BBS' snob, but just not a fan of these RS reps.

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
I'd imagine they'd be a bitch to clean!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had some on my corrado vr6. They looked smart and finished the car off and yes they are relatively cheap. However I would not suggest having them on a daily as they will not last well in a winter with the salt. I had to swap a set after 6 moths as the finish came off the plastic wheel studs and that was only used in the sun and lived in a garage. Lenzo do a set that are better quality and the same design.

·
1,927 Posts
They appear to be a staggered fitment and I wouldn't fancy trying 265 section tyres on the back of my car...

·
1,927 Posts
It's also 32mm bigger in diameter than a proper 225 tyre. I know the Haldex is pretty forgiving of odd tyre sizes, but that is a risk I wouldn't take...

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
simonp said:
It's also 32mm bigger in diameter than a proper 225 tyre. I know the Haldex is pretty forgiving of odd tyre sizes, but that is a risk I wouldn't take...
True dat

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Won't fit a mk4 r32. The front calipers are too deep. If you add a spacer you end up with too low an offset and so have a lot of rim outside the arch.

·
2,895 Posts
The guy who sells them in the uk is on fb. I've spoken to him a couple times and he seems ok. Look up 'stanced uk ltd'

·
2,018 Posts
i was thinking of getting them...does the finish really look bad after a while? any pics?

cant decide...
RS or LM?
i used to have LM reps on my mk4...
loved them...
but for a e92 can't decide what to get.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
There was a guy at Harewood with the dr RS on his 1.8t. He said he had them just over 2 years. All the laquer round each bolt was corroded.

Here's the pic:

image-3732202073.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for responses the thinking was buy them use them get mine reconditioned swap the tyres
and get a few bob back

·
Registered
449 Posts
All I can say bud is mine went less than 500 miles. Lived in the garage and was only cleaned with soapy water and the finish came off the plastic bolts. Also had hassle fitting them as they are flat on inside and needed spacers on the front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts