VW Golf R32 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a mk4 r32 with a de cat, just wondering how i can prevent my eml from coming on?

·
19,385 Posts
Code out the post cat lambda probes, which is normally part of a stage 2 map.

You can fit spacers to the probes they can be a bit hit and miss from what I've heard.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm right herd of the remap and the spacers... didnt really want to remap the car. someone also mentioned a wide band o2 sensor?

·
Registered
243 Posts
the spacers sound like the cheapest and quickest test.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,311 Posts
90 degree spacer boss is best if you want to try something like that but a proper remap which is only a few hundred pounds will remove the light permanently plus get the best from the de-cat exhaust system fitted. Your car will never fuel right without a remap as the ECU controls the fuelling by the pre and post cat lambda`s which as you have removed the cats the ECU will basically be confused.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm yes true, the exhaust is one of you custom ones by the way. sounds fantastic. Think it mite be a remap, however the only thing putting me off is how it drives. Drove a few that had been mapped when looking for a car, nearly all of them were very jerky when smoothly pressing the accelerator peddle. some of them the clocks were skitty so instead of being smooth they jumped up in 10's and 20's of mph.
Cut a long story short i don't want to wreck a good car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Take it to a reputable tuner and you won't have any problems. Vince at stealth is highly recommended on here

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,311 Posts
Any good mapping place would remove the map if they mapped your car and your not happy with it for a good reason. Vince at Stealth racing is the only person i would recommend personally for something like this but it is a bit of a drive for you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that Stealth racing ? or just stealth ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts