VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered a delock kit for the drivers door on my Mk5 R32.

Just one question... Once fitted, if the battery goes flat how would I gain entry to the car without central locking and no key hole in the door?

I understand if you don't want to post this on an open forum for obvious reasons. You can PM me if you wish.

Many thanks.

·
777 Posts
the boot. Wont you be able to put the key in boot lock and crawl through to the front?

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is at the dealers getting the fans replaced so can't go and look. I'm a very new owner and I've never noticed/used the key in the boot.

Is there a keyhole on the boot of a Mk5? Can't see one on the pics in the brochure. :confused:

·
4,328 Posts
Im not sure if the problem is the same with the mk5 i would have thought vw would have fixed this.

But it isnt the same problem with the boot in that the boot lock doesnt control any window unlike the drivers door :(

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you saying I don't actually need to delock a Mk5?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
i'm interested in this also!

·
5,616 Posts
I'd definately delock it, MkIV or MkV, no lock means its tougher to get in no matter what car it is.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Matt.

If I delock it and the battery goes flat though as far as I can see I'll be stuck as there's no other keyhole. The only other thing I can think of is to hide a battery + and - connection somewhere so the car can be 'powered up' in the event of a flat battery.

·
595 Posts
I believe if you lift the flap as if you were opening the boot you should see the key hole there.. i'll check in the morning.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Enigma. If there's a keyhole in there I'll go ahead and fit the delock (when it comes back from the dealer :mellow:).

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys. Could somebody with their Mk5 R32 handy check if there's a keyhole under the VW emblem boot lift handle. Many thanks for your help.

·
1,580 Posts
The only keyhole on the MK5 is the one on the drivers door, there isnt one on the boot.

Paul

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Paul, that settles it.

Anyone want to buy a brand new genuine delock kit with primered cap. Perfect for your MkIV R32, one careful owner (came this morning in the post), still in it's original packaging, full service history, etc, etc... :D:D:D

·
748 Posts
Best thing to do is when you service your car every year or more frequent change the batteries in the remote. That way you shouldn't come unstuck with not being able to gain entry to your car :)

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The batteries in the remote aren't the issue. The problem is if the car is delocked and the car battery goes flat due to a fault or something electrical draining the battery - there is no way to get into the car without having to break in because there is no keyhole/lock anywhere else (the MkIV has a keyhole in the boot so the car is still accessible when driver's door is delocked).

I think only way around it is to fit a battery positive somewhere under the car, then if the battery goes flat this can be powered (and the negative cable attached to the car body) which will then allow the central locking to work. Seems a bit of a faff to me - esp when others think the Mk5 has overcome the Mk4 issue.

·
654 Posts
Is the delock kit still for sale? I know it's a long shot as this thread is nearly a year old. If not where did you get it from? I want to do my mk5. Cheers.

·
4,848 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.