VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I received a questionnaire from VW along with a cover letter saying how grateful they'd be if I answered the 8 pages of questions about my impressions of the car.

They genuinely seem to expect their customers to sit down and spend a good half hour sitting a bl∞dy exam, FOR NOTHING. Unbelievable! The sheer brass neck of these people.

So once I'd calmed down enough sufficiently to type I spent a good half hour writing them a stroppy letter instead and sent it off in their pre-paid envelope.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
lol, they'll enjoy that I'm sure :D

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
But all they are asking is for customer feedback :confused:, they wont know unless they ask.

Everytime i put my car in for service i get a questionaire about the experience, and i am always to happy to help.

Customer satisfaction is very important with selling or providing services no?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wouldn't mind filling in a form just after a service, because you are in the zone.

But completing a random form, no way.

As much as I love this car and other VW's I've owned. VW customer services do not appear to listen to their customers when they have problem. This forum and others contain threads where unsatified VW owners are changing models or brand because of the way they have been treated.

Lets face when you go to the dealers for work it isn't cheap, so we are paying for a premium product and therefore they should give us a premium service and if they were switched on maybe they would look at the forum themselves.

·
.:R32OC R-Fest Events Co-ordinater/Organiser
1,746 Posts
DSGlee said:
VW customer services do not appear to listen to their customers when they have problem.
Maybe because when they send questionaires to Customers asking how they can improve there services they get ignored?...

I personally don't mind filling out these forms if the end result is I get better service from my Dealer :mellow:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The way I look at it is that even if I benefit eventually from a better product or service from VW I will still have to pay full whack for it.

If VW can offer a better product or service than their competitors then they will be more profitable.

So why should I give them the means to make money without being compensated for it myself? They don't work for free, their market research company doesn't work for free, why should I be the loser who is actually paying to test their product for them and provide data on it?

·
1,746 Posts
Algie said:
The way I look at it is that even if I benefit eventually from a better product or service from VW I will still have to pay full whack for it.

If VW can offer a better product or service than their competitors then they will be more profitable.

So why should I give them the means to make money without being compensated for it myself? They don't work for free, their market research company doesn't work for free, why should I be the loser who is actually paying to test their product for them and provide data on it?
Your logic is flawed. The fact you helping them give you better service is your compensation. Personally, walking into a Dealership and walking out first time, happy, is what VW want to provide and if answering a few questions will help them do that then why not.

You're also confusing product with service; the questions that VW ask you (bar a couple) are all Service/Dealer related questions. If you're so pissed off with VW Dealers, theres you're chance to tell them. If you mug off there attempts to improve there service then I don't think you can really be any righ to complain...and thats not directed at just you, thats directed at everyone!

What I find odd is that you're saying that Volkswagen don't listen to there Customers, yet when they send out a questionaire to listen to Customers you complain (!!)

·
286 Posts
Nelson_R32 said:
Your logic is flawed. The fact you helping them give you better service is your compensation. Personally, walking into a Dealership and walking out first time, happy, is what VW want to provide and if answering a few questions will help them do that then why not.
You walked out of a dealership happy???????

Did they have a fit girl on reception or something?

I envy everyone with a decent dealership.:(

·
405 Posts
The manufaturer questionaires are excellent its silly to throw it away, fill in half if u cant be arsed to complete it!!

This is ypur oppertunity to have a say in the next Golf / .:R or fix the issues with the current one.

By you not filling out that questionaire you could go so far as to say you have missed your oppertunity to have an imput into the VW Golf,

FOR EXAMPLE:

When i worked for ford the no1 complaint on the SMAX was that some plastic clips were to fiddly and kept snapping,......Ford then soon replaced them with magnets,.....this would not have been changed if everyone just threw their questionaire away,

·
243 Posts
If they don't know about things they will assume everything is ok and everyone is happy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nelson_R32 said:
Your logic is flawed. The fact you helping them give you better service is your compensation.
That argument would be fine if you were buying a Trabant in Communist East Germany, but you're not obliged to buy a car from just one manufacturer if they can't get it right you can just go somewhere else.

It is perfectly true that respondents end up benefiting from research in the shape of the 'opportunity' to buy a better product, at full price. But this 'benefit' is extended even to those who don't participate in the research, so it can't really be said to be a payment to those who did, can it?

Why anyone should be prepared to act as an unpaid consultant to a business that announced £3 billion in profit last time they posted figures is completely beyond me.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't ask questions, I'm indignant that they expect me to answer them for free. If you accept that 'time is money' then it amounts to surcharging their customers.

Besides, a lot of the questions are about reliability issues and breakdowns, data that they could obtain from their dealer network (who would know all about it because they fix this stuff under warranty), only if they did that they'd have to pay someone to gather and collate the info.

·
1,746 Posts
Algie said:
That argument would be fine if you were buying a Trabant in Communist East Germany, but you're not obliged to buy a car from just one manufacturer if they can't get it right you can just go somewhere else.
But the fact you're getting sent a questionaire in the first place means you've already made your decision to buy that manufacturer. You're not going to sell your car just because a Manufacturer sent you a questionaire?

Are you assuming that if you buy a Porsche that you are automatically going to receive 100% decent service? No if's or buts? Back in the real world, if you don't receive that Service what procedures do you think Porsche will have to find out if they aren't offering exemplery Service? A questionaire perhaps? Or a phone call?

Customers are the best way to tell Manufacturers how good the service they provide is. They carry out Mystery Shops with there Dealers, but the people that carry them out are so blatenly obvious that if the Motor Trade relied soley on that information then Car Dealers would have the best Reputation in the world for Customer Service, which wouldn't be true.

It is perfectly true that respondents end up benefiting from research in the shape of the 'opportunity' to buy a better product, at full price. But this 'benefit' is extended even to those who don't participate in the research, so it can't really be said to be a payment to those who did, can it?
Why on earth would the price reflect what Service they give to you? Dealer Staff are paid to provide a Service in the first place, and in most cases are paid on a bonus structure to do it. It's up to a Dealer to give you discount as well.

The point you are trying to make is confusing me. What I think you're trying to say is that Customers shouldn't have to go to the responsibility of answering these questions because the Customers that don't will benefit from it also. Including yourself? :confused:

Why anyone should be prepared to act as an unpaid consultant to a business that announced £3 billion in profit last time they posted figures is completely beyond me.
A good majority of 3 billion pounds growth was mainly made up by the Audi group. VW still has a way to go to making the money that Audi does.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't ask questions, I'm indignant that they expect me to answer them for free. If you accept that 'time is money' then it amounts to surcharging their customers.

Besides, a lot of the questions are about reliability issues and breakdowns, data that they could obtain from their dealer network (who would know all about it because they fix this stuff under warranty), only if they did that they'd have to pay someone to gather and collate the info.
I don't accept time is money. I'm more of the mind that 'Time is for the greater good'.

I think you'll find the questions are more concerned with your rather than than generic ones. They want to know what the Dealer did to resolve your complaint, how many attempts did it take and how many times did you need to visit them to get it fixed. The Dealers then get to read your comments and will take on board what you say and if you appeared pissed off would probably go to the effort to call you to try and resolve/explain the situation.

·
405 Posts
this posts goin a little deep, ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts