VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to have the bodywork of my 32 treated with Diamond Brite. It comes highly recommended with a long warranty, It costs between £150-£200. Anyone had this done?

·
Registered
106 Posts
just make sure the paintwork is prepped properly before they apply it ... on a side note you could apply something like Zaino or jetseal yourself for a lot less money

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
seriously i'd save your self some money and do it yourself. You can buy the kit for about 25-30 quid !!!!!!

And its not all that anyway :tomato:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I must agree, i alway found it a massive rip off when working in the bodyshop, i would save your cash but thats just me mate

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
as a few people have said, its not really worth the money. as for the length of time it protects your car, its a tad optimistic.

200 will get you a good paint detail and a wax which will protect upto 6 months, if not more if looked after and wax re applied.

If you really want to go down the path of diamond brite, i have some you can try, to see for yourself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jonny @ Pure Detail said:
as a few people have said, its not really worth the money. as for the length of time it protects your car, its a tad optimistic.

200 will get you a good paint detail and a wax which will protect upto 6 months, if not more if looked after and wax re applied.

If you really want to go down the path of diamond brite, i have some you can try, to see for yourself.
Thanks for the responses, they have been very helpful. Would be even more helpful if you could point me in the direction of a supplier. Those I have found only want to do the job not supply the materials. Thanks again:beer:

·
14 Posts
If you really want to try the diamond brite I have about 3x 2 stage kits you can have them for the price of postage...but I have never used them for the simple reason they are not all they are cracked upto be and i went the poor boys way and now trying my hand at a rotory.

Darren

·
1,184 Posts
I might be interested in trying one of the kits mate, over in leeds this sunday so could collect and drop off some beer funds for you?!

·
14 Posts
No probs mate ill send you a pm with my number and we can either meet somewhere or you can pop round my gaff and pick it up.
Theres 2 bottles i dont want any thing for them there just sitting there so might aswell go to some use to some one.

Darren

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
To get the best from a sealant its all about the prep...

So wash, clay, wash again, dry and paint cleanse first.. (if you have a PC then polish and finish polish)
After this i would suggest to use a glaze, as this will bring out the colour of the paint and the lacquers reflection - different ones are better suited to different colour paints etc.

This in turn will leave a good base for a sealant to go on. One sealant i use which is good for the money is Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant, at about £20. I find for the money it leaves a very good, deep wet shine.

When applying the sealant, apply it to the whole car and leave for 30-45mins to cure. Once this time is up you should find the residue just wipes away with no effort needed.

But as the way with the life shine its only a sealant which lasts (approx) for 1 month (ish) - depending on weather, how much the car is driven and washed. So i would then use a wax onto of the sealant for durability. For maximum durability Collinite 915 is very good, one coat lasted 6 months on my car which was washed weekly.

Other sealants i use, which are more pricey but well worth a look, are as whizzer wrote Jetseal and Zaino. If you can afford it, Jetseal is worth the extra pennies and also very good on alloy wheels for protection. This also lasts longer than other sealants if you don't wax the car.
I do love Zaino Z8 on a black car though :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Some shine going on there. Nice job.

When mine comes backfrom the body shop it will be time to consider a professional polish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts