VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the r32 i have has been patched up after what looks like the coilpack catching fire.I only noticed because the plug seems to be burning maybe due not to being fixed right and it keeps missing. Under the manifold has all been filled with fibre glass and wiring has all been botched aswell so luckly the garage i got the car from told me to get it fixed locally which is fine, just hoping they cough up through the warranty as the total cost is £1000 (thats for everything from new wiring loom new manifold right down to the plugs)if they dont they will be getting one very unpleasantphone call

·
3,137 Posts
nightmare, has graham managed to get it sorted yet?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hes waiting to phone back the garage on monday as the warranty guy was not there! There wiz a few extras he added on hoping they dont want to take the car down there to save on labour, as he stretched the truth a bit but the car has been repaired after a fire, does need a new loom and manifold but maybe not spark plugs and other bits but he thought what the hell, so hopefully they will go ahead!

·
3,137 Posts
fingers crossed mate, bit of a let down after only having the car for a short while. At least they said they will cover the cost

·
66 Posts
I Posted about this last week, after that happened to me, Coil Pack Melted taking the plug and manifold with it, just finished fixing it this weekend.

got a second hand manifold off andysR32 from this forum, then repaired my wiring loom with repair wires and blank plug from VW joined with proper heatshrink terminals and being under the plastics, it's a good enough fix, - but I couldn't get it done under warranty I fixed it for about 300 quid doing all the work myself, wouldn't of liked to see the bill from VW to fix it had to take the front end off, to get the manifold changed but if you aren't paying for it get a new loom, manifold the works,also make sure they replace all your coil packs I noticed another one of mine starting to melt, so I replaced them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts