VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no? :D strange that

neither do i :D

shame the vw mailing office doesnt know why, called the stealership to let them know too... took them a few minutes to work out why not ;)

·
748 Posts
Its chain driven wright? 70 or 80 thousound miles!

·
540 Posts
exact same thing happend to me last week when i went for my 60000 service at the dealer!!
gave me a price of 400 quid for the belt which i nearly keeled over and died with,so got investigating and realized they had chains so went in and caused mayhem then they admitted they were wrong!!!

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm you think they would know wot there on about!!!!!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
andyr32 said:
exact same thing happend to me last week when i went for my 60000 service at the dealer!!
gave me a price of 400 quid for the belt which i nearly keeled over and died with,so got investigating and realized they had chains so went in and caused mayhem then they admitted they were wrong!!!

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm you think they would know wot there on about!!!!!
very nearly an expensive mistake, saying that tho was that before or after the service, cos if its after then they would be charging for work they didnt do which is very dodgy

·
Registered
50 Posts
lol i get that same letter from the dealers lol

i know the chains need changing at some point but what is the recommended miles ?

·
748 Posts
If they are anything like a VR6 there was no definate mileage they needed to be changed. But basically it wasn't the chain that wore out it was the tensioners that got nackered around 100,000 miles ish and would become noisey, this was the sign that they needed replacing and at the same time you do the chain etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts