VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my R32 yesterday. I was surprised to see it had a spare (space saver style) wheel under the boot. I thought that they didnt have these things? Does everyone have one or is it just the latter R32's?

·
540 Posts
to my knowledge none of them have them.you can buy them separate but they will only fit the back as the front discs wont allow a space saver!!

have to hope you get a puncture on the back.:xD

·
842 Posts
when i got mine the owner told me he had a spare wheel... turned out to be an actual alloy wheel!lol

i'm going to try and get myself a space saver at some point...prefer that to pumping the tyre full of foam

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats going on? Why does mine have a spare under the boot then? Like I said its a space saver but its there. Mine is an 04 plate. it was the VW salesman that pointed it out to me.

·
402 Posts
nope, mine does not have one either.......double edged sword - need a spare in case of puncture but at the same no more weight please!!!!!

G

·
psg001 said:
whats going on? Why does mine have a spare under the boot then? Like I said its a space saver but its there. Mine is an 04 plate. it was the VW salesman that pointed it out to me.
The previous owner probably bought a TT one and put it there.

·
624 Posts
and it needs a spacer to clear the front brakes which according to ECS Tuning website is 25mm

·
191 Posts
you dont need a spacer, all you need to do if you get a puncture on the front is put the space saver on the back and the use the back wheel on the front if you get what i mean. No mk4's came with a spare so must be out of a TT. i was guna get one but then i thought its only more weight for an already over weight mk4 :(

thanks rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts