VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the site and just bought my first r32 mk v saved up for ages finally got one needing a couple of jobs on my way back from picking it up started with a slight noise only when returning to idle now seems to be miss firing more noticeable at higher speeds only has 70k on it where is the best place to buy full kit as will be doing the job myself I am a trained mechanic / engineer mainly into gearbox, drive train and clutch problems :-(

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Bonjour

Why are you changing the chains? Because you heard a noise and it mis fired? Have u had it on VCDS?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replys I have heard the noise as well as felt the miss fire I have a garage and have the most up to date snap on offers and my friend has the Bosch system I was really just wondering why it would fail at 70 is that common and also do I have to buy from vw or are the alternatives (upgraded) parts to be found

I was so excited to be owning the r32 I overlooked a number of faults and just want it as it should be not abused and ready to roar

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Thanks for your replys I have heard the noise as well as felt the miss fire I have a garage and have the most up to date snap on offers and my friend has the Bosch system I was really just wondering why it would fail at 70 is that common and also do I have to buy from vw or are the alternatives (upgraded) parts to be found

I was so excited to be owning the r32 I overlooked a number of faults and just want it as it should be not abused and ready to roar

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Take it back to dealer if less than 6 months ago the sale was completed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts