VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted here last week saying my aircon on my mk4 stopped.
I've realised the main fan isn't coming on at all, low or high speed. When I first got the car 6+ years ago I got the nime resistor kit for the small pulsing fan. The small fan will engage with auto selected. The main fan nothing, I checked fuses on the battery top box. So I'd imagine the common resistor. I tired doing the link test on the fan plug but I cannot get the plug off, no room as you know. I've read the mkivs posts on the causes. I'm getting to the point where I think I'll just get a garage to get new fan. No one Still makes the double resistor kit do they? I'm not going to make one myself.
With the aircon not working also, I read the compressor will release gas to stop burning out when over heating? I not sure I believe this. The small fan still works so I wouldn't have thought I would of got to that stage? I did scan to.see I had a 47f and a 47a error codes aswell. Not going well. I guess just the main fan can ordered, dont have to order the 2 fans and the housing as complete item?

Thanks for any info

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes aware of that thanks, yeah the small fan starts when AUTO is on the Climatronic. I recon my main fan has been broke for ages and unfortunately until I did a big journey a few weeks back it became apparent with my ac braking and the temp gauge was going 1 notch over 90 in London traffic. I only ever do short journeys, and never heavy city traffic.As I read here, from 75-105, the gauge should stay at 90, scary now to thing what temp it might of been at.馃槓

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I haven't looked at any radiator temp switches. I'll have a look up on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts