VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds odd and people might think why would you want to drive on a beach, but basically i want to go have a quiet picnic at night on the beach, to save walking along the whole beach to find a quiet spot i was thinking i could drive the R along the beach to find a quiet area as there is a ramp from the road onto the beach. What i would like to know is, is it legal to drive on a beach? Can i get charged? I dont know of any laws about driving on a beach so hopefully yous can help
thanks.

·
19,388 Posts
It really depends on the beach and the signage.

I have a beach not too far away and plenty of people drive onto it without amy issue day or night.

·
19,388 Posts
Irvine beach in Ayrshire? Or do you know of any beaches in scotland that u can drive on
The one I'm reffering to is a little south of there and called Croy Beach. Near the "Electric Brae".

I live not far from Irvine Beach and can't say I've ever seen anybody driving on it and cars are not allowed on Ayr Beach.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Don't think I can drive on Bournemouth beach

Reactions: inactive

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The pressing issue here is sand in hard to reach and delicate places, not to mention the interior, don't do it to you precious!

·
19,388 Posts
In my younger days I've seen a few cars damaged by driving too fast at night on Croy Beach by hard to see boulders and holes.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
The pressing issue here is sand in hard to reach and delicate places, not to mention the interior, don't do it to you precious!
Yea sand gets in all the cracks, but I don't mind helping out

·
19,388 Posts
One thing about Irvine Beach is that it's used by horse trainers in advance of Ayr Races so it's covered in horse sh#t

·
19,388 Posts
Reactions: SplitPersonality

·
Shiver Me Timbers
995 Posts
DONT DO IT.i know its a one off but my brother uses a l200 to pull his speedboat out on a trailer off the beach and its fecked now.rusted out

G

·
I've driven on 2 beaches black rock sands and Weston no problem at all just don't drive like a fool I find it crazy that some may think a couple hours on a beach is rot ya car bizzare ... Just jet wash her off simple

And

·
693 Posts
Realistically you won't get stuck, haven't driven a car on the beach in years, but it's non sense about the salt corroding your car away, makes no major difference if its a one time occasion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts