VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this an old problem, or did it recently occur? There is a similar symptom that occurs when you slow down , usually at a roundabout with the brakes and quickly reapply the accelerator. The motor will not respond for a second or two and then drops a gear and engages harshly. This problem can be coded out, Im not sure if what you are experiencing the same one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the reply… this seems more when you are actually turning and start to straighten and accelerate, only recently started doing this , but it’s very intermittent at the moment
BTW, the issue I mentioned will not occur if you leave enough time between releasing the brakes to applying the accelerator.Just check that you are not applying the brakes just before accelerating when it occurs.Wait 1 - 2secs after releasing brakes before accelerating.
I can't remember the value, but there is a speed threshold related as well, so it might seem intermittent.
Does anything change in manual mode,S or D?
Was a dsg adaptation with vcds done at the service? If you have vcds, warm the car up and do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for all the info it’s much appreciated..will assess my driving could well be what your saying , hadn’t thought about S or manual will drive in those for a day and see what happens … DSG adaptation and vcds recently done … Will post update in a few days
Just checked, basically if you keep brake pressed more than 0.5s and rpm is above 1200 rpm and the car is moving, there may be some delay when you release the brake and press the accelerator. So try not pressing brakes when you turn as a test

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like normal downshift behaviour. Especially noticeable if S is selected instead of D. The original problem is normal too, it is there to prevent unwanted acceleration when brakes are applied, just in case the accelerator were to develop a fault and give an acceleration signal. Very noticeable for those who drive with both feet, but can happen even when just using the right foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts