VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I currently Have a full Milltek System, Map and Neuspeed induction. Looking for a little more power for not stupid money. Ive heard a few things about DSG mapping, Higher rev range in gears and for launch control. Is there anywhere that does this? I live in stockton which is basically near newcastle. I maybe might look into the cam root, havent done much research into this and i thought the best place to start would be here. Thanks! Liam

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi

From what I know about it, the DSG remap is alright but IMO not really worth it as it just takes out 'kick down' mode, allows you to change gear when you want which you can do already.

Soft limiter changes to 7200rpm from 6450.
Hard limit is 7400.

Upshift 2000rpm, downshift 1650rpm
M mode..
auto change removed so you can bounce off the hard limiter if you want to.
S mode..
OEM at 3000rpm minimum rpms setup and auto change on soft limit.
Launch mode is set higher but doesn't need to be as the load/wear is high.

·
774 Posts
I've got the Revo DSG map and it has totally transformed my car.

S mode is so much better, lots of high revs and the kick downs now sound awesome.

D modes is now greatly improved. I found that in OEM D mode, the car is far too keen to jump up through the gears, to the point where your doing 30 mph and the car is already up in 6th gear.

The Revo maps fixes this, the car revs higher and gear changes are further apart in D mode.

Here's what the Revo map does, taken from their website:

What have we done?
  • Launch Control: where applicable, launch control is enabled at 4700rpm. If you are interested in different launch RPM please liaise with your Revo dealer or Revo support office.
  • Torque Limiters: The torque limit built into the factory software has been increased to 500Nm. NOTE: these limits are not hardware limits, but built in software limits from the factory.
  • Gear Shift Indicator: where applicable the in gear dash display is turned on.
  • Flash Counter Reset: the reflash counter is reset to the last count when flashed.
  • Kickdown in Manual Mode: kickdown has been disabled giving more control over the car
  • Automatic upshift in Manual Mode: auto upshift has been disabled allowing the driver to upshift as and when they please. Giving more control to the driver and allowing the full potential of power to be seen from the car.
  • Shift maps: Stage1 DSG software Drive and Sport shift maps are based on the sportiest available factory specification maps with Revo enhancement. With our global market, we have access to, and have been able to test all factory variants and hand pick the sportiest factory maps upon which to base our shift maps. Our software has slightly increased rpm shift points for different throttle positions over other factory versions, giving a sportier drive to cars to a complete stock car. The shift points in Drive and Sport modes are kept below the stock ECU rev limit on Stage1 DSG software.
  • Stage2 DSG software has more aggressive/even sportier shift maps in Sport mode to complement the turbo upgrades holding onto the revs higher in each gear. Shift points in Sport mode are higher than the stock ECU rev limit as such Stage2 is specifically for vehicles running Revo stage1 or 2 ECU software.

Do you need Stage 1 or Stage 2 DSG map for your car?

Stage 1 DSG Software is designed to work on your car whether it's standard or tuned regardless of the performance stage.

Stage 2 DSG Software has higher shift points in sport mode than the stock ECU rev limit, as such is designed to work on cars with an increased engine rev limit as per Revo stage1 or 2 ECU performance software. If used on a car with stock rev limit the gearbox will not reach the shift points in sport mode.

Can Revo DSG software be used with other supplier's performance software?

Stage1 software can be used with stock cars or other suppliers performance software.

Stage2 software can only be used on cars with a higher rev limit and is designed to work in conjunction with Revo stage1 and 2 ECU performance software.

·
774 Posts
My Revo DSG map cost £299. That was just a couple of weeks back in August when they were doing a 20% discount on all Revo software. Think the offer has ended now though.

·
774 Posts
I got mine done at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen. Maybe a bit too far for you?!

Try the Revo website, you put in your location and they show you Revo vendors near you.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I had Unitronic Stage 3 DSG added to my car last friday, as scott has said its transformed the car completely. well worth it.

·
742 Posts
Is that applicable to a standard R Wayne,or is that modified spec? Could I ask how much it cost & where you went?

·
Registered
430 Posts
My Revo DSG map cost £299. That was just a couple of weeks back in August when they were doing a 20% discount on all Revo software. Think the offer has ended now though.
Wow that's a lot I had my revo stage 2 ECU map done for £330 and he said the dsg tune is £149 excl vat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts