VW Golf R32 Forum banner

DSG paddle extensions

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  R-power 
#1 ·
One of the few things that I don't like about the MkV are the OEM paddles - I think they're too small and having driven a friends M3CSL a few weekends ago I really felt the advantage of having longer paddles.

So on Tuesday last week I ordered a set of carbon fibre extensions from TID Styling in South Korea. They arrived this morning and I fitted them at lunchtime (click the image for a larger version):

They're just stuck on to the OEM paddles using (supplied) double sided tape but they feel very firmly attached.

From a quick drive I really like them. I keep finding myself using the paddles in the way I did when these extensions were not fitted - use my index finger int eh groove on the back of the paddle but I'll soon get used to having longer paddles. From a brief spirited drive it was really good to have the longer paddle so that I could have a fair amount of steering lock on and then grab a paddle without and problems.

These obviously aren't going to be everyones taste, but personally I think they look good and I really appreciate the benefit when driving.

See less See more
#6 ·
Having done a few hundred miles with the paddle extensions installed I'm very very pleased with them. What is nice is that having the extensions on makes the movement of the paddle longer. The MkV paddles feel like you're pressing on a microswitch so there is very little movement but with these on there is a bit more movement which I really like.

The only negative I have is that the carbon fibre is a bit too shiny, but that's just my personal opinion.

#7 ·
wonderful, great choice !!! :flowers:
exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for link.
Just a question:
the lower section of the new attached paddles works pulling the paddles towards the body of the driver or works pushing or does not work at all ??

In my opinion there were 2 issue on out DSG driven R32.
1st the poor dimension of the paddles
2nd the diameter of the steerign wheel. I think that if the steering wheel was 1 inch less the feeling would be much better.
Does someone knows if someone in the world :pcguru: produce a smaller steering wheel?
thanks a lot :hello:

#9 ·
thanks for reply. I've asked info to the producer
I've asked if the product is the same for R32 and Audi TTS (i'm wondering like next car....)
thanks a lot:ciao:

#10 ·
R-power said:
thanks for reply. I've asked info to the producer
I've asked if the product is the same for R32 and Audi TTS (i'm wondering like next car....)
thanks a lot:ciao:
I think the paddles on a TTS are slightly bigger than an R32, if not they feel like they are! They're also silver (still plastic though) and look a lot better!

You can just see them poking over the steering wheelin this thread

#13 ·
Does anyone interested in a Group Buy from TIDSTILING.
In these days he has presented a R32 limited edition.
Let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.