VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my first post so let me know if im doing something wrong! My dsg in my mk5 r32 has been broken for 2 years finally trying to get it sorted otherwise ill get rid of it! Dsg goes to limp mode when not in working temperature but when its up to temp it rides fine! What should i check? Any specific ground points? Faultcodes are 18115/p1708 and 17150/p0766. I also have 000064/p0040 thats lambda i guess, could that have anything to do with my dsg issues? Tried changing the solenoid 2 years ago but didnt make a difference. I also have tpms light showing if that makes any difference. I got a vcds cable and did basic setting but didnt make no difference. Im getting really desperate for a solution so all tips are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wild guess, but sounds like a bad connection that goes away when warm. There was a recall for some mk5 dsg models which developed a mechatronic connection problem after some time. I wonder if yours is one of those? 1st September 2008 to 31 August 2009 is the range that was recalled.Might also depend on country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wild guess, but sounds like a bad connection that goes away when warm. There was a recall for some mk5 dsg models which developed a mechatronic connection problem after some time. I wonder if yours is one of those? 1st September 2008 to 31 August 2009 is the range that was recalled.Might also depend on country.
Mine is a 2006 so it shouldnt be, im based in Sweden. Exactly my thought was thinking maybe something alternator or battery based like there isnt enough voltage or something when cold started, car seems to drain the battery a bit. My second guess was that the dsg fluid gets thinner when warm and the thick fluid flods the solenoid or something like that. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is a 2006 so it shouldnt be, im based in Sweden. Exactly my thought was thinking maybe something alternator or battery based like there isnt enough voltage or something when cold started, car seems to drain the battery a bit. My second guess was that the dsg fluid gets thinner when warm and the thick fluid flods the solenoid or something like that. Thanks for your reply!
Use vcds to log the dsg temperature at start and as it warms. If that sensor is stuffed, dsg goes into limp mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use vcds to log the dsg temperature at start and as it warms. If that sensor is stuffed, dsg goes into limp mode.
Got some stuff done today! Did basic settings on the ABS and both the tpms light and esp lights are gone! Also fixed the p00040 code by swapping the cables! The only thing i have in the engine and gearbox now is the 17150 code! Drove the var for the first time in a year and had a blast! Untill i got the limp mode…. I noticed I got some codes on can gateway is that something important for my day issues? I will include my vcds log so I guys can take a look!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts