VW Golf R32 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a PS3 from dunndeal12, and paid by online bank transfer to his account.

He sent me a pair of old boots, not a PS3. I've contacted him by PM but no reply yet.

I'd be keen to hear if anyone has bought anything from him successfully (on the off chance that this is an innocent mix up). Or if you've had a similar experience, please let me know.

It feels like a scam and I feel a bit stupid. But on the other hand, it seems weird that someone would pay £8.26 postage on sending rubbish by special delivery (and leaving a trail). Looking at his other posts this does seem out of character.

Mods - please could you dig out the deleted thread where he advertised the PS3? It has been deleted.

Thanks
Charlie

·
1,066 Posts
No way mate. I bought a camera off him and he's a top bloke. Don't think its fair that you name him on the open forum either. Have you contacted him? It will be a simple mistake as I know he had a few items up for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, thanks for your reply. Yes - I have contacted him by PM but no reply.

Yeah, I did think about it before I posted his username, but I didn't post his personal details (name, address, bank account details etc.)

I'd be happy to remove this and apologise if it is a simple mix up.

Charlie

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
W00t - no way...

He was sending me my boots I'd left and he'd picked up - but I've got this nice PS3 instead.

I'm keeping this !!!!!

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
he has sold the same PS3 to at least 2 people up to now and neither has received it.

I have PM'd the 2 people involved....anyone else bought it as well

·
100 Posts
I was the one who purchased the same item.
Same procedure. Paid money directly into his account. Said he didn't have Paypal.
I got a package, badly packaged, containing some old clothes.
This in my opinion is definitely a scam.
Its fair enough sending out a pair of boots by mistake if he sold only ONE playstation, but to send 2 packages out to 2 separate people is no coincidence. He was paid twice, was a coincidence too? I don't think so.
People might think well, why bother sending out a package? the answer to that is quite simple. To protect himself. He could quite easily say that the buyer i.e Me or Charlie1 switched the contents. He's got a receipt from Royal Mail saying he sent an item.
I sent him a message via text, I didn't get a response. He seems to frequent the forum fairly regularly, so why not explain the "mix up?"

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
gah just spotted this, well done paulie lets get him banned from here for starters

·
861 Posts
guys if it helps, the police dont generally deal with fraud anymore. As one member has already done contact action fraud :

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Reactions: Lucifer
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.