VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So saw this lovely set of Recaro seats on eBay and thought I may as well see what the seller wants as the car was being broken

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151238371350&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

So I got a reply this morning saying he wants £475!

So I replied saying YES YES YES I'll take them and can collect tonight. So.. he replies saying sure but I have others waiting. So I replied saying I'll leave you a deposit to secure them. He was more than happy to do this but wanted a £250 deposit! This sparked something in my head so I decided to research his email address...

Heres what I found

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/226634-rs-turbo-l250/

A couple members being scammed on the Ford Focus ST forum in the past two weeks. Needless to say I will not be dealing with this seller. This is a warning for anyone who might have also messaged this guy. If this somehow turns out to legit then its my loss.

Beware people! and always research if you can.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Good spot

Reactions: Tejinder

·
Registered
728 Posts
Think i have come across another scammer...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261413700822&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I asked how much for the seats and rear inner lights. Almost immediately i had a reply saying £500 + £120. After confirming it was for both seats i asked how he wanted payment. Bank transfer or cash he replied. So alarm bells went off. I tried to convince him to use Paypal or credit card but he didn't want any of it. I've reported him.

·
Registered
728 Posts
He sent me another 2 messages since then saying that i will have his details and that i can phone the bank blah blah blah, or i could go and visit him and pay cash. In the listing he says he is from Folkstone, Kent, but the address he gave me is Guildford Road Industrial Estate, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4QZ.

Something definately fishy!

Reactions: TwoCollieForThirty

·
Registered
728 Posts
Did he give his name as Jay with a Manc accent?
He's not given me his name, and all correspondance has been through eBay's email system.

He has just sent me another message though, asking me what i want to do. lol. Talk about being pushy!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well look at that, the item has now been removed. Not sure if eBay did it though or him :/

·
2,902 Posts
Long story but it does sound like this jay character from where I live?? Set of recaro's and some other bits I was gonna buy but they where coming from his mate in Manchester. After going backwards and forwards I said I'm not parting with any money until I at least get a picture. Anyway this guy is either keeping a low profile or he did leave Hemel Hempstead in the end as he done so many people over here and Aylesbury and used my wife's name and business to rip off customers and a couple other people with R32 spares. He also was doing a lot of range rover bits? Could be a totally different rip off merchant. He even left Manchester I heard because he was so dodgy

·
Registered
728 Posts
What a complete douche. I hate people like that. As soon as i saw it i knew what it was, i was just clarifying it for myself and then passing the info on here.

Everyone has been suckered at some point.

·
3,392 Posts
He sent me another 2 messages since then saying that i will have his details and that i can phone the bank blah blah blah, or i could go and visit him and pay cash. In the listing he says he is from Folkstone, Kent, but the address he gave me is Guildford Road Industrial Estate, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4QZ.

Something definately fishy!
I'm racing only 6 miles from that postcode this Sunday. I don't live that far as it is. Out of pure curiosity I'm going to check it out.

Did he give any building names or building numbers? I'll take some pictures if i can find the actual building.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm racing only 6 miles from that postcode this Sunday. I don't live that far as it is. Out of pure curiosity I'm going to check it out.

Did he give any building names or building numbers? I'll take some pictures if i can find the actual building.
Sorry didn't see this, he didn't give me anything else other than what i posted above.

Looks like he has changed username again...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-R32-BREAKING-/121294436997?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3db63a85

Username: scitzoid

Please be careful people. This is the same person, just a different username. He even used the same pictures as last time, just a slightly different description!

This could be entirely legit, but everything about it sends alarm bells off in my head.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Here the eBay account essexparts14 just google you see tried it with me today very close miss! Trust me nearly had me good job checked feedback after pal told me not to pay into his bank gave me details p Sheekey with lloyds account tried to offer him PayPal wasn't having it please be careful members!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.