VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Think i have come across another scammer...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261413700822&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I asked how much for the seats and rear inner lights. Almost immediately i had a reply saying £500 + £120. After confirming it was for both seats i asked how he wanted payment. Bank transfer or cash he replied. So alarm bells went off. I tried to convince him to use Paypal or credit card but he didn't want any of it. I've reported him.

·
Registered
728 Posts
He sent me another 2 messages since then saying that i will have his details and that i can phone the bank blah blah blah, or i could go and visit him and pay cash. In the listing he says he is from Folkstone, Kent, but the address he gave me is Guildford Road Industrial Estate, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4QZ.

Something definately fishy!

Reactions: TwoCollieForThirty

·
Registered
728 Posts
Did he give his name as Jay with a Manc accent?
He's not given me his name, and all correspondance has been through eBay's email system.

He has just sent me another message though, asking me what i want to do. lol. Talk about being pushy!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well look at that, the item has now been removed. Not sure if eBay did it though or him :/

·
Registered
728 Posts
What a complete douche. I hate people like that. As soon as i saw it i knew what it was, i was just clarifying it for myself and then passing the info on here.

Everyone has been suckered at some point.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm racing only 6 miles from that postcode this Sunday. I don't live that far as it is. Out of pure curiosity I'm going to check it out.

Did he give any building names or building numbers? I'll take some pictures if i can find the actual building.
Sorry didn't see this, he didn't give me anything else other than what i posted above.

Looks like he has changed username again...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-R32-BREAKING-/121294436997?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3db63a85

Username: scitzoid

Please be careful people. This is the same person, just a different username. He even used the same pictures as last time, just a slightly different description!

This could be entirely legit, but everything about it sends alarm bells off in my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.