VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting one of these 1. are they a simple fit? 2.anyone got one fitted ? Cheers Bill

·
4,328 Posts
Thye are really really easy to do. All you do is take off the lower brushed aluminium panel under the stereo and above the ash tray. This then reveals the obd port. I cant remember the exact sequence to do it but you basically just plug it in and turn the car on and it reads and your done and you can disconnect it. But if you know someone in your area with vag-tacho (i have it) then they would do it for alot lot less then the kvw.

hth
andrew

·
Registered
42 Posts
As pomme says they are very simple to do. I did mine a while ago and its well worth it, mind you I got it from a chap on UKMKIV's for 20 notes.

G

·
Where abouts in VagTacho can you do it? Its not in the version I have.

I thought you had to have VDS-Pro which only runs in DOS therefore you will need a serial VAG-COM cable.

·
1,432 Posts
One touch lock button on the remote: Windows and sunroof roll up and close automatically

Double tap lock button (lock+lock): Windows and sunroof maintain original position

Hold remote unlock button: Windows will roll down until unlock button is released

Modules 1J0 :

Press and hold lock: Windows and sunroof roll up and close until button released

Press and hold unlock: Windows roll down until button is released
For more information read all about it:

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/product.php?xProd=6808

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ive got it on mine closes sunroof if left open and windows got it for mine after leving sunroof open a few times. but sunroof has packed in now dont knoe what it is but windows are stil fine so nothing to do with theis programe

·
1,432 Posts
The only thing I havent quite mastered is leaving the windows open but locking the car too as whenever I press the lock button while the windows are open it just closes them again but I know there is a way to keep the windows open but lock the car because I have done it before.

Can anyone clarify this?

·
616 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
The only thing I havent quite mastered is leaving the windows open but locking the car too as whenever I press the lock button while the windows are open it just closes them again but I know there is a way to keep the windows open but lock the car because I have done it before.

Can anyone clarify this?
I can't get the windows to stay open when I lock it now. If anyone does know, please let me know! :151:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i think that is only do able with a 3 button remot by pressing the lock and boot open at the same time

·
1,432 Posts
Which leads us back to my long standing mod which I have been meaning to do for ages now and that is try and get my 3 button remote to be coded for my R and give this a bash. I am worried that I might lose all functionality of the current 2 button remote though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts