VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any MkV owners on here with this upgrade?
Any MkV owners with any sort of brake upgrade?

If so, please make yourself known as I have a few questions. A bit of advice would be much appreciated!

·
2,808 Posts
Im stock, but after the warm(ish) weekend Im considering upgrading, so was keepin an eye on this thread. Would like some porsche calipers and discs but theyr a bit pricey.
You not finding the stock setup enough?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rupo said:
You not finding the stock setup enough?
In all honesty, the stock brakes are fantastic, I've gone modding mental lol. The only time I feel they could benefit from more bite is when travelling at approx 90 (private road) and REALLY wanting to kill the speed fast. I think once I start tracking it I may go for a BB ugrade. A set of Movit breaks would be nice but very expensive!

I was just hoping to hear first hand experience as to whether there's a big difference to stock and if they're worth the investment.

·
1,838 Posts
Dave,
If you feel you need a bit more bite you could just try changing the pads as this could make a big difference.The mk5 brakes are already a decent size so like you say until you become a track monster no real point going bigger.The ferrodo ds2500/3000 are supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard.Hope this helps a little.!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
andysR32 said:
Dave,
If you feel you need a bit more bite you could just try changing the pads as this could make a big difference.The mk5 brakes are already a decent size so like you say until you become a track monster no real point going bigger.The ferrodo ds2500/3000 are supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard.Hope this helps a little.!!!!
i am yet to find the Ferodo applications. Maybe not available in US yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts