VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted these?
http://www.awesomegti.com/ecs-subframe-spacer-plates-kit-mk5-mk6
I've got a front end knocking noise,changed top mounts and a few bushes but still no joy
It's doing my head in
Low speed noise it is
My mechanic has checked car and can't see anything wrong/loose,or should I just change all the bushes just to make sure
Noise only appeared after I had coilovers fitted
Help guys

·
206 Posts
I have this very low speed rotational knock,

The following have been changed on mine to no avail, Front wishbone bush arms (both sides), Top mounts, Shock absorbers, springs. I have fitted these aswell but it hasnt changed anything and it hasnt removed the sound. If you are getting a garage to inspect it wouldnt harm giving these a go and just fitting them in. Order them from darkside development (I think i paid 15 posted or something).

Let me know how you get on with the knocking sound as i am trying to narrow mine down, My mechanic had a thorough look at all the bushes but we just couldnt find where the low speed knocking is coming from. It goes away when you pick up enough speed and it doesnt matter of the surface of the road its just on slow rotation.

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi farhan
That's exactly same noise I'm getting
What did you order from darkside?
I'm hoping changing majority of the bushes will cure this
But curious as I didn't have the noise before I changed to coilovers,when I was on standard shocks and springs

·
206 Posts
Hi Paul,

I ordered these as shown in your link and had them fitted.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vw-subframe-washers-spacer-plates-for-mk5-platform.html

They were easy to fit but they didnt make any difference, If anything i feel the noise is a bit more now but its hard to judge, Is your car a dsg by any-chance?

I thought about doing the same but it may become a money pit in doing so as i have already changed so much of the front end suspension and i would rather just attend to this actual knocking sound. Im not sure when mine started, I think it was less apparent when the car was at standard ride height, Now that im lowered its probably come through more. My guess is still nearer the droplink area/Roll bar bushes. The thing is its not a constant knocking its upon rotation so its very hard to narrow down.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I also have this exact same problem
And only occured when I lowered it 6 months ago
I'm going to be changing a few bushes next weekend and will let you know if it cures the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts