VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning

Eibachshop needs your help! We are currently working with Eibach UK on supplying a dedicated lowering kit for the MK5 R32 and we need one of you to help us develop a kit. Whats in it for you? How about a free set of springs for your troubles? Obviously we would need to have a standard R32 golf to have this fitted to as the difference will be more noticeable. We are working on a PRO KIT which should offer lowering of [background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]25mm front and 20mm rear but we wont know for sure which is why we need your help.[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]We need before and after shots and also measurements before and after but we will discuss this with you before hand.[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Please reply to this thread with some pictures of your MK5 R32 and we will pick someone at random. This will also be posted on the FB page[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Regards[/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Barry[/background]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Barry may i ask, will the ride quality be improved or made even harsher or crashier than the OE equipment ?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Eibach have not yet developed or have been asked to develop a kit for the R32. The link you have posted is only for the Golf R - see link to VW Racing Website. The R32 will have different axle loads which is why Eibach are looking for one to confirm compatibility.
I've seen the VWR Site. It's not just Awesome GTi that sell the Golf R Springs for the R32 and vice versa. I bought mine for my R32 from another UK company. Companies in the USA also do the same as there are owners of R32's over there with VWR Springs.

I've sent an email off to VWR to see what they say as their R Springs work fine on my R32.

The R32 and MK6 share a lot of the same parts with regards to suspension so I'm curious as to what VWR will say. Even VWR's Streetsport Coilovers list the same P/N (R33G60R) for the MK6 R and MK5 R32.

Not sure if you've seen this but Awesome GTi were trying to do something similar with Eibach but it ended up not really going anywhere.

http://www.r32oc.com/topic/164010-eibach-uk-awesome-gti-would-like-to-use-a-mk5-r32-spring-kit-development/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barry may i ask, will the ride quality be improved or made even harsher or crashier than the OE equipment ?
Hello CRM

The ride will be slightly stiffer which is the same when fitting all aftermarket springs, but fitting these will dramatically reduce squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and nose-dive under braking.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.