VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I received the above from EIP. The installation went very smoothly mainly due to the fact that on this occasion I had a gear puller to assist with the removal of the FTB shifter from the spline in the engine bay. Previously I had attempted to remove the lever with brute force but failed miserably. If you are considering installing a Short shift kit I thoroughly recommend obtaining a gear puller for this purpose.

Many people are quoted as saying the Competition series short shift kit is notchy and mine was no exception to this rule. From the get-go I found that the shifter would not locate into gears as smoothly as the OEM item however this was to be expected. After a few days of getting used to the new shifter I am starting to like it.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The notchiness seems to be slowly disappearing too although after a week or so I may carry out the full adjustment process to ensure everything is setup as it should be once things have settled down.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will re-evaluate the situation in a weeks time following adjustment and if the short shift is still not to my liking then I will swap it out for the Dieselgeek Sigma Six shifter kit I have on the sidelines and if that is not to my liking I will go back to stock.

Updates to follow in due course

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, as soon as I come to a conclusion as to which shifter I like best I will sell the other one or if I want to go back to stock then both the DG and EIP may be up for sale :)

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I carried out a readjustment yesterday as it was ~ 1 week since installation and I can now say this short shift is quite brilliant although I do miss some of the smoothness of the OEM shifter.

I will continue to review the shifter in the coming weeks and may put the DG on for comparison.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts