VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
yea, been following that for a while.

I dont think its the kits themselves, rather the mapping they use and the bad customer service.

·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the fitting second hand bits and not telling customers that i think is a bit odd and telling them its their fault when its down to the map thats blowing up engine's left and right.

·
490 Posts
given this alleged scandal. I wonder they will survive as a business. HPA must be laughing their way to the bank now.
I must admit I was tempted to go with EIP sometimes back for FI, but no way hose now.

·
385 Posts
OMG, who would have thought it!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
its only the turbo kits that are getting the bad press. Most their other products are pretty good, the ones that dont involve anything to do with EIP lol

·
1,432 Posts
The billet parts, exhausts and CAIs are fine as mentioned above the problems are all related to the turbo kits which dont run as they should.
The Stage 2 requires methanol injection or similar to make them run as they should which is poor IMO.

Glad I went HPA.

·
490 Posts
good choice fiftypence. me like HPA too. very expensive also.

who is fitting the kit for you? are you going to vagtech ??

·
1,432 Posts
I was going with Vagtech but its a little up in the air at the moment, I may yet go with the guys who are a forum sponsor here. As yet undecided.

·
1,432 Posts
Its getting difficult with the boxes of kit in my spare room at home, I just want it fitted ASAP :)

At any rate in time for my trip to Nurburg at the end of August

1 - 12 of 12 Posts