VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing the web to kill some time and came across this site that sells Electric Super chargers, was new to me and was wondering what peoples thoughts are? Are they crap? If placed with a open air induction, would it just increase the heat soak as sucking in more hot air?

Akamoto - Electric Superchargers

Some say they have had 22hp gains (On a v6 dodge that had 2 intakes though). Now I know the same is said with induction products and they rarely supply over 1hp gain, or even loose hp, unless you spend on a closed box like Gruppe M, so is this the same?

Excuse my inexperience if I fully don't understand this.

·
2,803 Posts
To put it simply, they're complete crap. :)

·
3,611 Posts
Hmmm why no photos of there customer installs

·
226 Posts
Electric superchargers are perfectly feasable and are even used on some bus engines, it's a myth that they draw more power then they produce.
Unfortunately 99.9% are complete and utter crap, that will obstruct airflow and lose you power.

Only one I've seen which shows gains is this one...e-Racing :: OFFICIAL SITE :: The e-RAM Electric Supercharger from e-Racing Motorsports

Most people will be sceptical but the figures check out

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Oliver73 said:
To put it simply, they're complete crap. :)
^^^ couldn't agree more, stay well away buddy!

A friend of mine worked out that the computer case fan (that is what it is) cannot even flow enough air to supply a 1.4ltr engine at less than 1000RPM

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts