VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To cut a long story short I bought a 1 litre polo Y reg/2001 for my son the car has been stood for a year due to him not being able to get insurance he now has insurance I got car mot,d about 2 weeks ago and it had engine management abs light and airbag light on abs light turned out to be a abs sensor and airbag light was turned off mechanic said probably just come on due to battery going flat and as far engine management when scanned it come up as manifold pressure sensor my mechanic said it does not have a manifold sensor and suspects ecu has been changed at some time off a different car and said just ignore engine man light. I started the car last weekend and it started no problem.i went to collect the car today and battery was flat it started off a bump no problem but after a 20 mile run it would not start again so I put a new bosch battery on all fine then when driving it the battery light come on so my first reaction alternator gone then battery light gone off and a few miles later oil light come on and has since gone off (there is oil in car which has been changed and I believe engine is fine ) so any ideas what is going on with this polo as it is doing my head right in cheers

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Check all earth leads are clean and making a good contact in bay area.

Also if you have a box with fuses (in engine bay) like in my lupo? The contacts in the box or the blade fuses themselves tend to corrode over time which will need cleaning or replacing?

Had weeks of ABS and various fault codes on mine until we discovered the above mentioned fuse box was at fault! At first glance, mine didn't look bad but it wasn't until we replaced old for new the faults disappeared.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts