VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone insured by the above? I want to get a Milltek 'zost and induction filter and just wondered how much extra they would add to my premium. I'm 38 with full ncb.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
im with elephant but not done any mods i think they are pretty mod friendly so shouldnt be stupid increase

·
4,328 Posts
One thing to remember with elephant is that even if you declare a mod, and the car is written off or stolen or the part damaged. Then they will only replace/repare the part to standard spec :(

I think adding the alloys and zorst when i was with them add around £50 each.

G

·
Just make sure you don't ever need to make a claim for one of your mods as they won't replace it - they will replace it will the OEM part.

I am with Greenlight a very mod friendly insurer - who insure mods like for like - I recently added KW v3, high lift cams and a remap to my policy with NO extra charge.

·
3,732 Posts
khutula said:
Just make sure you don't ever need to make a claim for one of your mods as they won't replace it - they will replace it will the OEM part.

I am with Greenlight a very mod friendly insurer - who insure mods like for like - I recently added KW v3, high lift cams and a remap to my policy with NO extra charge.
i'm switching to greenlight next month :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very Cherry said:
i'm switching to greenlight next month :D
When I got my R a few months back I just carried on with Admiral without thinking about it...

I'm 25, 2 years no claims, one SP50, car parked on the road in London and they quoted £1530...ok ish I thought and just went with it...

Having read the threads on here today I filled in the Greenlight online questionnaire and received an estimated quote of £797 !!! Will be calling tomorrow to check that I filled it all out correctly, but I'm pretty sure its right.

Cheers for the tips guys, I would urge others (particularly younger drivers) to do the same:151:

·
277 Posts
I'm with Admiral and i'm 26, the cars park on a drive (that dosnt make that much difference though) i have 5 years no claims and i pay £750 a year (in the wyorks)

I have been with then for a few year now though.

Guy

·
540 Posts
i just got a quote from greenlight with my supercharger etc on the policy.£620.im 25 4 years no claims.very good i thot!!:driver::rock:

·
106 Posts
i have just taken out my insurance with admiral for this yr. they seemed to give me by far the best price. im 21 with 2 yrs no claims and i pid £960...i thort it was a bit of a bargain myself.

·
748 Posts
How did you get that chris! Im 23 have 5years no claims and I just renewed my insurance with admiral and I paid £1150, but that is with mods and protected no claims!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts