• BFI

• Other (Please comment)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 5dr DSG RS R32
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upper engine mount needs to be replaced, I've been considering upgrading mounts for a while now but the reviews are just so mixed it's putting me off.

I'dlike to hear people thoughts on an upgrade route. Do I:
  1. Buy a new genuine engine mount and get the Powerflex inserts pictured below for a 'mild' upgrade (I'd do the upper transmission mount too). My cheapest option and the one I'm leaning towards.
  2. I've heard very good things about DLI-Teknik mounts-although pricey I'd go for them if they're as good as they seem. (Again do upper transmission too)
  3. BFI stage 1 mounts both upper engine and transmission-again pricey but I've heard good things and they're slightly cheaper than DLI.
My Mk5 R32 is my daily driver and I am concerned about ridiculous increases in NVH as I already have a dogbone insert too.

Electric blue Font Magenta Rectangle Composite material

Thanks for reading!:D

·
Registered
857 Posts
I was recommended and went for vibratechnics mounts and powerflex insert.

My dogbone is gone though so I need to replace.

If there was any increase in nvh I didn't notice apart from a slight increase just under 2500 revs over a band of about 100 revs.

For reference I'm manual.

·
Registered
2007 5dr DSG RS R32
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are they in dsg mk5?
I had them in my mk4 with lightweight smf and it sounded like it had straight gears in it. I switched back to new oem ones and I'm in love with my car again.
Fantastic. No additional harshness, they do somewhat enhance the mechanical sounds of the engine but in a good way. This is my daily car and they're very acceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts