VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking to see if anyone out there has seen these combination of problems.

The problem is i have no traction control nor ABS.

When i start the car the ESP light comes on and goes off as normal, however i do not get the skiddy car icon lighting up.(i have read many threads and most problems suggest that the light would stay on.???)
I have had the car for about a month now and have noticed that i have never had the TC kick in or illuminate the car icon. I though it was working until i tried to turn off the ESP using the button and nothing was happening. - turns out it was just the 4x4 that has been saving my life thus far ;-). having noticed this i done some hard breaking to see if the ABS was working... and the wheels locked up rather dramatically!.

As the winter is coming in ABS is a priority.

I had it read on vagcom and the following error were given (further investigations will be done this coming week)

01317 - Control module in instrument cluster
02085 - incorrect control module installed.
01044 - control module incorrectly coded.

Maybe worth noting the last owner had just put in a new battery prior to me buying it (excuse my ignorance) i have heard in places this may cause coding errors? (maybe me being optimistic/hopeful of an easy fix!!)

Any comments / advise gratefully received!

thanks in advance.
Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All sorted!!

Went to the local Autohaus to get the tracking done & asked him to look at the coding issues... recoded them and Roberts you fathers brother sorted! all for the tidy sum of £54 inc VAT!

I now have traction control and ABS! PHEW!!

Thought i would put this up incase anyone else may have this trouble!

Cheers
D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.