VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any tips? All the sites give useful info, (like speed limits, special rules etc), and they all say without fail you need to adapt your headlights. I remember from when I was a kid on camping hols in france my dad sticking electrical tape in a triangle shape over the headlights and painting them yellow. They mention you can buy headlight masks etc - but I don't think this will work with Xenons... Does anyone know how to adapt them?

·
1,432 Posts
Glad someone mentioned this, it hadnt even occurred to me until now that myself and a few friends shall have to adapt our lights for driving through Europe on the way to the Nurburgring.

We will also have to take a full safety pack with us as is required by EU law iirc this includes a warning triangle, some bulbs etc etc

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Dont think the yellow lights thing is relevant any longer, however you must use the beam divertor things (Like the tape you'vementioned).

Also as fifty says, you may have to carry a triangle etc dependant where your going. Any good travel agent should have this information or even try the AA website.

·
1,432 Posts
A simple google search for me threw up some info which advised that on VAG vehicles the bumper must be removed in order to gain access to a special magic box in the headlights and it is just a simple case of flicking a switch then youre all set for european driving. How true this is I cannot say but the other way to do it is to pay your dealer £50 each time you need them adjusted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts